Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wraps?

• 18-01-2009 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

I usually have a brown bread sandwich for lunch most days. No butter with realish, chicken, lettuce, coleslaw. Or realish, chicken, pototo salad, cheese.

Would there be much benefit to me if i changed from the brown bread and had wraps instead?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Probably not, unless you can get wholemeal wraps, I have not seen them.

Is the bread definitely full wholemeal/wholegrain?

Or are you talking calorie wise? they will have around the same calories per weight, not sure which is lighter, you could check weights in the supermarket to get an idea.

I would ditch the bread altogether! I used iceberg lettuce leafs to make wraps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

rubadub wrote: »

Is the bread definitely full wholemeal/wholegrain?

Or are you talking calorie wise? they will have around the same calories per weight, not sure which is lighter, you could check weights in the supermarket to get an idea.

I would ditch the bread altogether! I used iceberg lettuce leafs to make wraps.

That is a fcuking EXCELLENT idea! Never thought of that before, but I'll be doing it from now on...

@OP: AS far as your lunch goes you should probably be more worried about the relish/coleslaw/potato salad than about the bread vs. wraps thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

ya true...well i used take mayo but switched to relish instead. Found everything fell to bits without some type of sauce in there to hold it together...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

aster99 wrote: »
    ya true...well i used take mayo but switched to relish instead. Found everything fell to bits without some type of sauce in there to hold it together...

Well I'd say if you're trying to be healthy go for one and ditch the other - just have relish or coleslaw, not both...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

keane2097 wrote: »
    That is a fcuking EXCELLENT idea! Never thought of that before, but I'll be doing it from now on.
    I bring the lettuce to work and leave it there, or carry the leaf separate. I dunno how the lettuce would hold up if you put the wet stuff in it early on, I expect it might go all soggy.
    just have relish or coleslaw, not both.
    Some relishes are just tomato based and so very low in calories, while coleslaw has mayo. You can always make your own coleslaw, or just add more stuff into ready made stuff to bulk it up and so have less mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

rubadub wrote: »

You can get them in Marks & Spencers if that's any help.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

mick_irl wrote: »
    You can get them in Marks & Spencers if that's any help.

My local Dunnes stores stock them also iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

An excellent tasty dressing I use on salads is to take about 1 gram of Colemans English mustard and squeeze a slice of fresh lemon into a shot glass and mix it together before drizzling onto my salad. For those who aren't keen on the strong taste of mustard, the lemon juice actually helps to dilute the taste :)

Advertisement