Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan price reductions

Options
  • 18-01-2009 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

I see that nissan have reduced the price of the x-trail range by over 7000 euros, petrol model down from 34215 to 26995 and diesel reduced from 37170 to 29995. I know it,s not a big seller but it looks good value at these new prices. (info from www.nissan.ie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Just goes to show the mark-up they enjoyed in the good times. The distributers were creaming it. People whinnge about the dealers ripping people off but as in any business model it was those higher up the food chain who were really benefitting.

X-trail isn't that bad a seller and supposed to be a pretty good all-rounder.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

The X-trail depriciates like i don't know what. Petrol models suffering the worse end of the two.

I can imagine all the happy people who are suffering the depriciation of a 06 we'll say, now at to the fact there's a new mode and a 7k reduction. Happy days.

IMO, the new model looks more like the model they had back in 02, with the big bumpers. It's backwards they're going.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭jonnygee

I would,nt consider a 7000 euro reduction to be a backward,s step.
    Hopefully some other brands might waken up and consider a price reduction. As for the secondhand value of these as with any car at the moment the secondhand value is shot to pieces anyway. The cost to change should actually be cheaper now with these price reductions.

jonnygee wrote: »
    I would,nt consider a 7000 euro reduction to be a backward,s step.
    Hopefully some other brands might waken up and consider a price reduction. As for the secondhand value of these as with any car at the moment the secondhand value is shot to pieces anyway. The cost to change should actually be cheaper now with these price reductions.

I was saying it was a backwards step as in the aesthetics of the car.

The cost to change from an X-trail to X-trail won't be cheaper with these price reductions as it will have hugely affected the second hand values of the jeeps, along with everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,250 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Qashqai is the only vehicle selling for Nissan at the moment. The original X-Trail was popular but you can count on one hand the number of new models around and its on the market over a year now.

While a price drop of €7k is good news for the odd cash buying customer it is more bad news second hand resale values especially 08 models, and a sign of how desperate Nissan must be to shift them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Alot of manufacturers are doing this now.

Ford, Nissan, Jaguar, Saab, Peugeot have all reduced prices on certain models.

I suppose its an effort to shift some cars.

On a different note, i have just seen a 09 Nissan Murano outside... :eek:

On a different note, i have just seen a 09 Nissan Murano outside... :eek:

Just realised i read your post wrong, thought you i had one. I laughed, ah well.

Advertisement