Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

carzone ad

Options
  • 18-01-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

just saw carzone.ie ad on tv. It's pretty good, simple, to the point and of good quality. Nice to see a decent ad for Irish car industry after shocking simi ads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

if only carzone wasn't such a pain to use now for private sellers and if they cleaned up their act and got rid of all those scammers and if, and if ...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Carzone don't need bloody advertising. Everyone knows about them.

What they need to do is be realistic, should of stayed with what they had.

They had a monopoly, and they messed it up for themselves. Let them waste there money on tv adds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Carzone don't need bloody advertising. Everyone knows about them.

Wouldn't necessarily agree with that LM, only people with a knowledge of cars would definitely know about them. I would have thought the general public would be more familiar with Auto Trader, seeing as it is in the newsagents.

Wouldn't necessarily agree with that LM, only people with a knowledge of cars would definitely know about them. I would have thought the general public would be more familiar with Auto Trader, seeing as it is in the newsagents.

I haven't come arcoss one person, that when buying a car doesn't know about carzone. They have a huge market. As they said before, they had the highest amounts of views etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

I haven't come arcoss one person, that when buying a car doesn't know about carzone. They have a huge market. As they said before, they had the highest amounts of views etc. etc.

Well fair enough, I suppose you must know more about it than me seeing as how you are in the business... I just would have thought alot of not-very-technically-minded people (i.e. elder people who don't use the internet much) wouldn't have heard of it.

• Advertisement

Well fair enough, I suppose you must know more about it than me seeing as how you are in the business... I just would have thought alot of not-very-technically-minded people (i.e. elder people who don't use the internet much) wouldn't have heard of it.

You would be surprised. Of course there is the odd fella that still looks throught the autotrader. I'm waiting for people to come on here now and say "Oh i never heard of carzone" etc. etc.

They had a great market, and they would have put everyone else out of business if they stayed the way they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,250 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Before carzone was taken over by Autotrader they had the online car advertising market in Ireland cornered. Everyone used it, these days they broke what didn't need fixing.

I don't bother using the carzone site anymore as it has become too user unfriendly imo. I used www.driving.ie instead, that still uses the old cazone search engine.

I think the fact that carzone are now advertising on tv gives you an idea that they are no longer the preferred choice they once were.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

They had a great market, and they would have put everyone else out of business if they stayed the way they were.
    bazz26 wrote: »
    Before carzone was taken over by Autotrader they had the online car advertising market in Ireland cornered. Everyone used it, these days they broke what didn't need fixing.

I completly agree with you guys. They had a basic but effective search engine that was just fine, and it worked perfectly well on dial-up. The new one is terrible - too complicated and too slow. They added the "SIMI only" button - that really p1ssed me off. And they were affordable - 30 euro until sold but now 40 euro for first 28 days and 25 euro per 28 days after. I'm just after paying 130 euro to put two cars up on carzone with the special offer of a week advert in autotrader - I don't know why I bother with the autotrader magazine as I never get any calls.

About two months ago I heard a rumour in the trade that the SIMI are preparing their own members-only website. Don't know if that is true. Anyone else hear anything ?

Give us back the old Carzone please !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

here here
    the old way was perfect...i went on yesterday for the first time and logged off bout 30 seconds later...wont be back

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭0325422

so which do people think is the sest to sell a car fast.. i could really do with selling my car in the next 2 weeks.. its a 08, i presume ill be taking A massive loss anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement