Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on a course for next year

• 18-01-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hey all, My younger brother is really interested in doing LM110 Bachelor of Science in Multimedia and Computer Games Development next year in UL and I was just wondering can any one give me any info on it, What are the computer mathematics and discrete mathematics like? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Codofwar wrote: »
    What are the computer mathematics and discrete mathematics like? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As far as I know they're the same modules that the Comp Sys crew do/did. The Computer Maths module(s) were a mixture of some Leaving Cert stuff e.g. algebra and matrices along with a few more topics that you wouldn't see on the LC like Graph Theory. The other Computer Maths module involved probability and statistics and lots of it. I know a lot of people had trouble with that module but we had a decent fella doing the tutorials and it made a lot more sense after that.

The Discrete Maths module covered logic and proof methods, set theory, functions and recurrence relations too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

rmacm wrote: »
    As far as I know they're the same modules that the Comp Sys crew do/did. The Computer Maths module(s) were a mixture of some Leaving Cert stuff e.g. algebra and matrices along with a few more topics that you wouldn't see on the LC like Graph Theory. The other Computer Maths module involved probability and statistics and lots of it. I know a lot of people had trouble with that module but we had a decent fella doing the tutorials and it made a lot more sense after that.

The Discrete Maths module covered logic and proof methods, set theory, functions and recurrence relations too.

That is pretty much correct, in fact both Comp Sys & Games Dev are in the same classes for the first year.
    His descriptions of the Maths classes were spot on too *currently in first year myself).

Advertisement