Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Podcasts links

Options
  • 18-01-2009 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone have any good podcasts links to some stimulating political or philosophical debates? I am trying to get some stimulating stuff on my ipod.
    Thanks a mill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Noam Chomsky has some good audio recordings of his speeches, presentations on his website which are free to download.

http://www.chomsky.info/audionvideo.htm

Democracy Now is a good on-line radio show, netcasts of which are available for download after each show. They often have world-renowned political and social figures on the programme, and even when they don't the show provides a good run-down of what's going on in the world in the political sphere.

Both of the above would clearly be to the left of the political spectrum so they mightn't be your cup of tea!

Another good source of general type audiobooks (predominantly classics of literature but you might find some philosophical/political works) is Librivox. All the audiobooks on the site are free and in the public domain so there are no copyright issues.

Enjoy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.cato.org/podcasts/

cato is a libertarian think tank in washington dc, most of what they got there is fairly or very interesting.

www.fora.tv usually has the option to download an mp3 of their videos.

i think www.bloggingheads.tv also allows for mp3 downloads of discussions. what's on there is kinda hit and miss though

Advertisement