Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey Dudes! Any UCDians here thinking of moving to Canada?

Options
  • 18-01-2009 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Yo anyone wanting to move to Canada? I am looking for ppls who'z interested. What I mean by moving is, going there on that usit thingy (or some other way) for a year (or whatever amount of time) or so (but it's up to you of course if you want to stay on or not). I am looking for after I finish 3rd year in 2010. Just PM me or reply to this post or whatever. So anyone??:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 metallidude

Lawl. I guess not a very popular destination then..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

you want someone to go to Canada with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I am thinking of moving to Canada, some day, but to live, not on some student visa. Thinking of Toronto (excellent city) or the Maritime coast.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Im going to become a crab fisherman

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

Bring the woolly underwear, it was -22C in Toronto last week and 10 degrees colder in many other places.

• Advertisement

Yah. I toured Canada almost exactly 10 years ago, because I wanted to see snow. Edmonton was interesting: wading through knee-deep snow along the riverside at -25C. It wasn't as bad as you might think, because air that cold is very dry, but when the wind kicked up in the evening and it went down below -30C, I chickened out and stayed in the hotel, then went to the World's Largest Shopping Mall the next day. :rolleyes:

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

graduate wrote: »
    Bring the woolly underwear, it was -22C in
    Toronto last week and 10 degrees colder in many other places.
    Oh god.....wooly underwear, im shivering at the thought of such miscomfort*...

(shudder)

*My english be bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I'll probably be heading there in a few months.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I'll probably be heading there in a few months.:(

I think everyone will to be honest! Bandwagon's ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

To be quite honest, I'm hoping for a year in Japan - but failing that, Canada is one of the places i'd consider moving to.

• Advertisement

Im going to become a park ranger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I wanna be a mountie! They get to ride pretty horses, and wear awesome hats.

and they get a gun. I could do alot of things if I had a gun

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

Goin canada this summer.. toss up between vancouver and toronto..

id go for vancouver

Grimes wrote: »
    you want someone to go to Canada with you?

Woah woah! Suddenly a barrage of posts.

Yeah currently no-one I know is interested and I was only wondering if there are any guys who are looking for people to go with.

I want to check it out n live there for a while. Note I'm not asking for people to stay with me long term or anything crazy like that u can go wherever u want. Just the initial phazes that's all.

bnt wrote: »
    I am thinking of moving to Canada, some day, but to live, not on some student visa. Thinking of Toronto (excellent city) or the Maritime coast.

when do u plan to do that then?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Grimes wrote: »
    id go for vancouver

Seconded. I've only been to Vancouver, but I'd imagine it's nice than Toronto based on size and the fact it's ocean adjacent.

Of course, on the other hand, it's next to Seattle while Toronto's close to New York.

Seconded. I've only been to Vancouver, but I'd imagine it's nice than Toronto based on size and the fact it's ocean adjacent.

Of course, on the other hand, it's next to Seattle while Toronto's close to New York.

Yeh Vancouver has a far better reputation than Toronto. But I've heard that living in BC is far more expensive than in Ontario??

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

Im heading over around july this year, not sure exactly where yet but im likely to spread it around between various cities. Il also be going solo!

• Advertisement

when do u plan to do that then?
    eh? I said I was thinking of doing that some day. That answers your question: if I had a plan and a date I would have said so. :cool:

Dunno about Vancouver: I hear it's gone all Hollywood since I was last there, with lots of US film and TV production going on, rich Americans with cash to burn... property prices shot up during the bubble, and (I heard) everything got expensive. It's like the California of Canada, with more snow and expensive ski resorts, unless you get well away in to the wild areas of BC.

As for the other side of the Rockies, well, I have two problems: firstly, that's the part of Canada that gets really cold in winter. (The Edmonton forecast for Friday predicts a low of -25°C, and a high of -20°C!) The other thing is that it's a very conservative region, lots of very religious, farming types, wide open prairies. I'm a city boy, I like public transport, tall buildings... culture.

— Kingsley Amis

Yes, conservative, especially Alberta.

Advertisement