Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Masters 2009 Final - O'Sullivan V Selby

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭vag77

great game of snooker best final in a long while is why are people saying snooker is dying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

2 night on the beer over the weekend plus 300 miles driving but had to stay up to watch it last night, it was snooker at its best. Wrecked today though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

vag77 wrote: »
    great game of snooker best final in a long while is why are people saying snooker is dying?

Only ronnie is saying that really.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

Dr Pepper wrote: »
    Great final!

I was hoping to see Selby win it too - he has a great temperament which I admire.

I'd agree with syngindub that he shouldn't have thrown in the towel. I know the red was not too tricky but definitely could have been missed under those circumstances... and after that 3 snookers with free ball possibilities and always the chance of getting 5, 6 or 7 point fouls, etc.. plus you never know what can happen with Ronnie's volatility! 3 snookers required frames are often won by the person behind so I would have at least given myself the (slim) chance. Anyway, up to the player himself I suppose!

Here is a photo of the champion
    http://image.irishphoto.org/viewphoto.php?&albumId=75509&imageId=2854403&page=1&imagepos=1

It was a great final, Ronnie was 3-1 up at one stage, and Mark played very well to go 4-4 at the break, it should have been 5-3 to Mark.. Oh well

Advertisement