Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FM104

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

mle1324 wrote: »
    The PhoneShow and The Jam are the best.
    Listen to The PhoneShow almost every night and never get board of it,its gas when Adrian loses the head like the time someone called him a piedo,which was bad
    (I'll sue your arse) Adrian Kennedy

You are on a wind up? Yes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

You are on a wind up? Yes!!!

what do u mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

I've listened to FM104 when it rebranded in 92, enjoyed listening to the Strawberry Alarm Clock back then with 3 host, Colm, Joan and Justin,

I've kinda lost interest in the Strawberrys I've listened to the Morning crew now enjoy it

d1975 wrote: »
    I've listened to FM104 when it rebranded in 92, enjoyed listening to the Strawberry Alarm Clock back then with 3 host, Colm, Joan and Justin,

I've kinda lost interest in the Strawberrys I've listened to the Morning crew now enjoy it

Dose anybody think that the phoneshow has gone a bit crap in the last month or so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

mle1324 wrote: »
    Dose anybody think that the phoneshow has gone a bit crap in the last month or so?

It was always crap. Your just getting older and wiser :):)

It was always crap. Your just getting older and wiser :):)

suppose you could be right too,but to be honest there has been some nights where i have been shocked:eek: from what they discuss like the time they where talking about Willie sizes and even worst stuff.

Still i listen to it in my spair time so.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭MaltHouse Mouse

Have noticed that song wise, it is getting very repetitive lately. How many times do we have to listen to Shayne Ward or 'new music' from Metro Station (which is out how many month's at this stage?)!!

If you have a look on the iTunes top download's, how many of them do you actually hear on Fm104?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

and 98 isnt repetitive? or 2fm or spin or beat or...the list goes on

Theyre all at it if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 azsummer

Louise Jordan's nasally voice is so off putting, I can't listen to her..
    killian O sullivan is a complete Noob too.. watch your jobs Mark Noble/Ben Murray, he wants a day slot bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Louise Jordan is the one name that comes to mind when you mention fake American accents. Her voice is like nails on a blackboard to me. Then again, she was the same when she was a dj on freedom 92fm back in the day!
    I gotta ask though, big balls, why are u so angry at everybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 azsummer

yeap, very true, she sounds very American
    Big Balls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

big balls is a poster :)

Big Balls wrote: »
    Eh where exactly?? 104 if anything over the last year have crucificed 98 in any figures available.

Find it also quite funny that you hate 104 but LOVE 98 yet they're practically the bloody same!!

At least 98 play their music at the right pitch. I'm very sensitive to this and find FM104 unlistenable because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Karsini wrote: »
    At least 98 play their music at the right pitch. I'm very sensitive to this and find FM104 unlistenable because of it.

I've noticed this on more than one occasion and it drives me insane! 98 all the way, I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Culture2007

Whether it irritates you or not, FM104 is top of it's game. It's still the number 1 radio station in Dublin. If that's because it has a brash loud breakfast show presenter, or because it plays it's music slightly faster, or because it has an annoying late night phone show, then so be it. Why would the station change something which clearly works?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 cheapy2006

let's get something straight, fm104 is the WORST station on the planet with the possible exception of 98fm (which i'm told is worse, but am not FORCED to listen to at work).
    there must be a certain part of one of the inner circles of Hell reserved for Jim McCabe and Niamh Crowley and the whole rabble that constitute the production staff of the Strawberry Alarmclock for crimes against good taste.
    From the innuendo-laden crapology that constitutes their "witty banter", to the "funny" remakes of popular songs, to the "inventive" games they make their troglodyte listenership play, to the "Mad Mas" competition (which invariably involves someone getting so inebriated that they soil themselves), to the general by-rote repetitiveness of it all, it truly sickens my heart to know that a part of my life 5 days of the week will involve my being aurally raped by such pap!!!
    the fact that it is the number 1 dublin commercial breakfast show is true testimony to the idiocy of those who freely choose to tune into it.
    these are those who have a 1 size fits all attitude to life: sportswear as everyday clothing, pop music as everyday listening, football as everyday conversation, tabloids as everyday reading, celebrity as everyday gossip, and massive plasma tvs as everyday watching.

glad i finally got that off my chest :D.

gimme "pat the plank", and a news segment that doesn't involve intimate details of surgery Jordan may/may not be planning to have performed on her vagina ANY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

just come out with it cheapy, do you like them or not?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Cheapy - tl:dr!

Advertisement