Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another death on limericks roads.

Options
  • 18-01-2009 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0118/rta.html

Gardaí are investigating a fatal road traffic accident on the Dooradoyle Road, in Limerick.

It happened at about 2.15am this morning.

The 23-year-old driver was killed and two others seriously injured, when the silver BMW car they were travelling in crashed into an entrance pillar.
    Advertisement

The injured men are both in their late teens and were taken by ambulance to the Mid Western Regional Hospital.

The road at the scene of the crash is now open.

Gardaí are appealing to anyone with information to contact them at Roxboro Road Garda Station on 061 214340.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

God just last week two mates of mine from my home town of Hospital were killed too. Bad week on the Limerick roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

1huge1 wrote: »
    God just last week two mates of mine from my home town of Hospital were killed too. Bad week on the Limerick roads.

A good few people I've spoken to knew those two guys. Terrible pity.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Terrible pity is right....

Roads have been lethal this weekend though, nearly in the ditch myself this morning.

Drive carefully folks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

i passed the scene a few minutes ago, its so sobering to think somebody who was alive 24 hrs ago died right there. It doesnt look a bad enough mess either for such tragic consequence.
    Brings back memories of the flowers left for SG right beside it too.
    They must have been doing terrible speed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Liam79 wrote: »
    They must have been doing terrible speed :(

Lets not rumour the particulars because it would be rude to the family or friends to start talking about what might have happened.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

hey where abouts on dooradoyle road did this happen??

awful altogether,i say the roads would of been very slippery last night there was sleet and snow last night.
    The poor family
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Harpy wrote: »
    hey where abouts on dooradoyle road did this happen??

awful altogether,i say the roads would of been very slippery last night there was sleet and snow last night.
    The poor family
    RIP

Just happened beside GRFC, the bungalow next door, where the Garden center used to be.

The roads were fair bad this morning! And with the snow/sleet, one can only imagine what happened the lads!

RIP and get well soon the two injured parties

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

1huge1 wrote: »
    the circumstances of that were terrible, my GF knew them too. Very sad story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

speed kills, not the kind you put under your tongue, well may be if you mix them, slow down, i have been to too many funerals, of relations who went this way .

• Advertisement
Advertisement