Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto Cad work exp

Options
  • 18-01-2009 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

ladies and gents,
    i am currently doing a city and guilds cad course through fás. the course is round 30 weeks, and i'll have amassed roughly 900 hrs drawin time.

anywho, we need to get work exp as part o the course. fas will continue to pay us and insure us in the workplace.

so i was just wonderin if anyone knew any place or person willing to take on trainee for some hands on experience?

apologies if this is in the wrong forum or whatever

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

The best thing you could do is get the golden pages for your area and call every architect/architectural technician and engineer near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

that is also another poa for me smashey!! despite the "state of affairs" in the country im kinda optimistic of findin something.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

and ask your teachers too if they have any contacts in the industry, thats how most of my class found work experience.

i was asking him already. he was a draughter in waterford glass and said that most of his contacts would be in the waterford area.
    not really suitable as im livin round north county wexford!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrPreachan

Try Weatherglaze in Clonattin, they may well use autocad and are fairly approachable when it comes to free labour I'm sure:D

• Advertisement

they sound great to work for!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Daragh86

You could try Mott MacDonald, they have offices in south Dublin and Cork, multi disciplinary engineering consultancy. I did the same course as you three years ago and fair play to them they took me on and I'm still there now. At that time of course times were better but they took on four people from the one FAS class, unfortunately I'm the only one of us left now due to redundancies.

Give them a shout anyway, you might get lucky. And make sure to tell them you get paid by FAS for a month and they don't have to pay you at all for that month.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 39,351 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Daragh86 wrote: »
    You could try Mott MacDonald, they have offices in south Dublin and Cork, multi disciplinary engineering consultancy. I did the same course as you three years ago and fair play to them they took me on and I'm still there now. At that time of course times were better but they took on four people from the one FAS class, unfortunately I'm the only one of us left now due to redundancies.

Give them a shout anyway, you might get lucky. And make sure to tell them you get paid by FAS for a month and they don't have to pay you at all for that month.

Good luck
    Check the date of threads when searching/digging up.
    This is from janurary, hopefully he has gotten sorted with work.
    An unpaid position wouldn't be difficult to find at all really.

Advertisement