Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - temp sliding door widening

Options
  • 18-01-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Hi

Looking to buy some new furniture but I need a 30" opening. Have sliding doors in the kitchen which would be ideal if they werent 28"! I notice there are 'stops' on the top and bottom of the frame. I think these are there to aid removal of the sliding door but do any of you good folks know if you can remove the stops and therefore increase the opening of the fixed frame by a couple of inches, i.e. not remove the moving panel just move it back a bit

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

its hard to know unless you post a pic.

I would think the stops are there to stop the door hitting agaist the frame ends and stop the rollors running right of the rails.

Some of these types of doors can be removed by lifting them out of there rails as opposed to sliding them out.

Have you tried to lift the door yet?

Advertisement