Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cost of tax & insurance

Options
  • 18-01-2009 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

hi there,

i moved to ireland 1.5 years ago and plan to buy a car now. nothing special, and old polo will do. i'm thinking of checking cars.ireland but thats not really the question.

i'd rather like to know what i would have to expect in prices for tax and insurance. i hold my driving license since 16 years. engine size of the car would be 1.0, age ca. 10 yrs.

thanks for any advice. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭mr. pleasant

thanks for the links, will check those.

still, could anybody give me a rough number?

the problem with the insurance quote online is that i never get an online result, but am told that he gonna send me an email (guess thtas because mi license was issued in another country?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Tony Broke

Call into an insurance broker in town and they will sort you out.With the details you have given it should be about €800 or under, I have a friend from Poland who has a full polish license for over 10 years and he pays €660 on a 1.4 01 Golf.

Someone might be able to answer this?

Would it knock down the insurance price if you changed your license to an Irish license?

I wouldnt touch an older Polo either, heaps of scrap imo.A starlet, civic, colt etc would be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭mr. pleasant

thanks for that, and interesting question:
    Tony Broke wrote: »
    ...Would it knock down the insurance price if you changed your license to an Irish license? ...

i will have to give that one a thought as well.

Advertisement