Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Moving To Spain Please

Options
  • 18-01-2009 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I am hoping you will be able to help us short list some places in Spain to move to.

To give you some background, I am a marketing company owner and my husband, who is a native spanish speaker and in sales, are hoping to move to Spain in 2010.
    I would hope that the sale of my business would help source the move. We would love to be close to the coast and part of a community type environment with access to good outdoor facilities and cultural amenities.

It would need to be family friendly and a good place to raise a family i.e. good education and healthcare facilities, low crime rate etc.

The other major consideration would be work prospects, my husband would require a sales role in, possibly an established import/export company, whereas I would like to work as a marketing/PR consultant for companies possibly in the hospitality ares to make the most of my experience in this area at home.

The Spanish Islands would defintely sound appealing I just wonder would they offer realistic options for year round living.

Any suggestions and advise would be appreciated, we would hope to start visiting areas that would be strong contenders this Spring and start making plans. Ideally keeping a homestead here would be great for extended visits home but would ultimately would be determined by finances.

Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Ms Firefly wrote: »
    Hi,

I am hoping you will be able to help us short list some places in Spain to move to.

To give you some background, I am a marketing company owner and my husband, who is a native spanish speaker and in sales, are hoping to move to Spain in 2010.
    I would hope that the sale of my business would help source the move. We would love to be close to the coast and part of a community type environment with access to good outdoor facilities and cultural amenities.

It would need to be family friendly and a good place to raise a family i.e. good education and healthcare facilities, low crime rate etc.

The other major consideration would be work prospects, my husband would require a sales role in, possibly an established import/export company, whereas I would like to work as a marketing/PR consultant for companies possibly in the hospitality ares to make the most of my experience in this area at home.

The Spanish Islands would defintely sound appealing I just wonder would they offer realistic options for year round living.

Any suggestions and advise would be appreciated, we would hope to start visiting areas that would be strong contenders this Spring and start making plans. Ideally keeping a homestead here would be great for extended visits home but would ultimately would be determined by finances.

Thanks so much

I used to live in torrevieja (near Alicante) in the southeast of Spain lovely place great british and irish people but still full of culture,
    as for crime there is crime everywhere but id definatley reccomend torre!
    But do be careful make sure 100% that the land on which you buy your house/apartment is the owners!!
    Many cases in the area of houses being sold on government land that hasnt been touched developers just build and sell it on.!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭daisyplant

I am very much considering a similar move. My experience is similar to your and your husbands having worked in Sales and Marketing roles in both IT and Media. I would also peronally prefer the islands to the mainland but would be a little concerned about job opportunities. I dont actually mind what I work at once I can earn a living, not looking to become a millionaire, more to escape the rat race here and have better weather there.

Am just starting to investigate in a serious way now but would seem to be looking for something ver similar to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭bilbot79

How did you all get on with your moves?

Advertisement