Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 02 contract

• 18-01-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

This has probably come up before but here goes :

I signed up for the iPhone/O2 pay monthly package :
    Phone cost 99Euro, 350 anytime minutes included, 150 texts, 18mth contract.
    Quoted monthly tariff : 65 Euro.

First bill arrived and they billed me for 2 months.
    I obviously missed this in the "small print". O2 customer service told me
    that it is standard for new contracts to charge for an additional month
    in advance for the first billing. They describe it as a refundable amount for
    the privilege of "line rental" which is redeemable at the end of the 18mth
    contract. It was more of a surprise than anything. I can afford to take that
    hit but I am pretty sure the salesperson didn't make that too clear when
    I purchased.

One other thing. I recall when I purchased it the sales guy told me that
    by default roaming and calls to numbers outside of Ireland (when in Ireland)
    were barred by default and that I'd need to pay 99Euro to get that
    privilege. I figured I'd use fring or truphone for the odd time I'd be making
    a call outside of Ireland. Is this a normal term & condition ?

--ifc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Sometimes O2 won't grant you full international services or roaming services. Give 1909 a ring and ask them if they can activate it on your account. They will confirm your situation for you.

As for the bill for 2 months - it's standard industry practice. Unfortunitly it also seems standard that it isn't advertised very well in stores.

Advertisement