Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold calling questions

Options
  • 18-01-2009 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what is the best time of day to coldcall (as in actually walk into the premises) on the retail sector.

Do you think mornings midday or evenings are best?

Cheers, also if anyone has any experience on coldcalling i would love to hear from them...does everyone agree that it is a viable B2B sales method?

Duncan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭flash harry

personally I think it is the worst possible method of making a sale or starting the sales process - you are disrupting someones day when surely you could arrange an appointment???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

duncanb wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what is the best time of day to coldcall (as in actually walk into the premises) on the retail sector.

Do you think mornings midday or evenings are best?

Cheers, also if anyone has any experience on coldcalling i would love to hear from them...does everyone agree that it is a viable B2B sales method?

Duncan

Hate Cold Callers - There is no good time for them! I actually think its unprofessional.

Get a proposal together, find the name of the indivdual responsible fo the purchaning of your product/service. Then email it or bang it in the post, follow up with a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭duncanb

Is there no-one who thinks that coldcallers are ok???...if not why do business' still implement such a sales strategy???.they must make sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

In the morning before it gets busy is the best time.

Everyone is tired and pissed off in the afternoon.

If it is busy dont even bother.

Quite time = they have time for you and will listen.
    Freebee's = win.

From my experience if it is quite and you offer free
    stuff and a good price, you have a very good chance.

Advertisement