Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seriously, take a look at this.

• 18-01-2009 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hey all, I just stumbled across an amazing deal and I thought i'd share it with everyone.

The Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones that are sold here for roughly €150 and are recommended as great headphones for DJs are being sold on ebay for €31 euros including shipping!!

The only snag is that they're being sent from China, but their feedback has been great. I just ordered mine so ill be back to tell you how it goes.
    There are loads of them left so check it out.

Hope this helps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Very high chance they're fakes... theres serious cases of Pioneer headphone fakes on eBay for instance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

They're fakes.

They might be good fakes - if you've below average hearing you might even consider them to be real, but they're not. I wouldn't feel ripped off, they're probably well worth the 30 odd euro over here as headphones - but they're not Sony MDRs. No way, no how.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

MYOB wrote: »
    Very high chance they're fakes... theres serious cases of Pioneer headphone fakes on eBay for instance.

there still very good headphones for the money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Ever hear the saying "too good to be true"?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭penguinpoppers

The Feedback from all the people that had bought them said they're great though.
    It's worth a try me thinks

• Advertisement

Just thought of something.
    If the headphones turn out to be fake wouldnt it be possible for one to say....................buy a real pair here and return the fake ones the next day?.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Fake.... I was there last year. The place is just full of fake merchandise. I got some Fake Bose earphones. Seemed good till they fell apart!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

If the headphones turn out to be fake wouldnt it be possible for one to say....................buy a real pair here and return the fake ones the next day?.....

Yeah if your a complete toerag.

Does anyone have any advice on how to check if they are fake once they come?
    Apart from sound quality?

Ok, ive been talking to the seller and he says that its the OEM version that he's selling.
    Does anybody have any info about this?

• Advertisement

Ok, ive been talking to the seller and he says that its the OEM version that he's selling.
    Does anybody have any info about this?

there fake, accept it...

here's some hdj's spot the difference...

10684737689.jpg

PIONEER+HDJ+1000+CASQUE.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Why on earth would anybody knowingly buy imitation headphones? :eek::eek::eek:

The fact that they are fakes means they might look the part but they WILL sound rubbish [and the sound quality should be the main reason for buying a particular type of headphones]. You might as well spend €20 on the cheapest pair you can find in Tesco... at least you can return them when they fall apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

My god man, how wrong is that? Jeepers!

Ok I really dont see why someone posted pictures of fake pioneer headphones......... What does that have to do with anything?

The headphones Im talking about look the EXACT same as the ones from the sony site,have the right packaging,the right manuals, case etc.
    The only dodgy thing about them is the price which obviously is questionable.

All I can do is wait for them to come and see just how badly i've been ripped off.
    If it comes to it I could ask the dudes in the sony store if theyre real, and of theyre not I can easily get my money back seeing as I payed with paypal.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Well thats how good fakes look. They look exactly like them, but dont sound exactly like them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

<snip> there fake and if you bring them into the sony store they will easily be able to tell you there fake.look at the two pics posted.the swivel part is black on the fake ones and silver on the real ones.
    they wont sound good,wont last but what else would you expect for 30 bucks.
    most 30 buck headphones will sounds crap and be built poorly.
    you say the picture your looking at looks exactly the same but you gotta remember its only a picture.
    oem headphones doesnt pull up many results on google and the ones it does are talking about earbuds for there mobile phones.so unless this man is manufacturing a new brand for sony these are most definitely fake.
    but i cant wait til you buy them and come back and tell us there fantastic:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Don't think there's any reason to abuse the lad tbh.

Don't think there's any reason to abuse the lad tbh.
    well we tried telling him they were fake but he doesnt believe us,hes convinced there real.plus its only words on a screen man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I wonder can you then be criminally charged for attempting to defraud the shop?

seannash wrote: »
    well we tried telling him they were fake but he doesnt believe us,hes convinced there real.plus its only words on a screen man.

He could be a sensitive soul. Be nice ;)

• Advertisement

He could be a sensitive soul. Be nice ;)
    hardly if hes talking about commiting fraud by swapping out the headphones.:D

Ok first off, that guy needs to chill the hell out, If he had bothered to read all my posts he might have read that ive clearly said ive probably been ripped off. And to be honest I have no idea what hes talking about saying the fake ones have black on the swively part cuz the ones im talking about don't.

My point is that for €30 it was worth a ****ing try.If they are fake its going to be really obvious when I actually get them. I've payed with paypal so if theyre fake I can get my money back.

As for swapping them in in the sony store......jesus christ im hardly actually going to do it.Why wouldnt I just get my money back through paypal?......

I've gotten some amazing deals on ebay already and if you dont try then you'll never know. Get a life.

oem headphones doesnt pull up many results on google and the ones it does are talking about earbuds for there mobile phones.

Oh ya, if you're too retarded to use the internet by yourself and google a term, maybe this link will help you out.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_equipment_manufacturer

Once again, my faith in humanity has been betrayed.

UPDATE*

Ive been talking to the seller, and after asking for a picture showing the "CE" logo on the inside of the headphones to prove they were authentic, without me asking they gave me a full refund lol.
    They even said in the email that they '' were not FAKE'' haha.

So basically in the space of like 8 hours I had bought and been refunded for the item.

To be honest I have to thank the people in this thread who pointed out the obvious that the deal was REALLY dodgy without being complete assholes. I was extremely caught up in thinking i'd found a bargain.

So I guess this thread can pretty much be closed now, so thanks again, and to seannash.......you are one cranky ****er

(sorry for betraying your faith in humanity lol)

"the ones im talking about"?what ones are you looking at that you say dont look like the fakes.your looking at a picture.good luck with your purchase you silly silly person.why would you even bring up about bringing them to the sony store if you werent gonna do it.

UPDATE*

Ive been talking to the seller, and after asking for a picture showing the "CE" logo on the inside of the headphones to prove they were authentic, without me asking they gave me a full refund lol.
    They even said in the email that they '' were not FAKE'' haha.

So basically in the space of like 8 hours I had bought and been refunded for the item.

To be honest I have to thank the people in this thread who pointed out the obvious that the deal was REALLY dodgy without being complete assholes. I was extremely caught up in thinking i'd found a bargain.

So I guess this thread can pretty much be closed now, so thanks again, and to seannash.......you are one cranky ****er

(sorry for betraying your faith in humanity lol)
    cranky?fella i get a great laugh out of the idiots like you who keep these guys in business.i always wondered what sort of people fall for these scams.ive got a friend who is an arabian prince who needs a small amount of cash to unlock his millions in his bank account.hell give you a perentage of his millions if you loan him the money.ill get him to send you email,sunds like something youd be interested in:D

cranky?fella i get a great laugh out of the idiots like you who keep these guys in business.i always wondered what sort of people fall for these scams.ive got a friend who is an arabian prince who needs a small amount of cash to unlock his millions in his bank account.hell give you a perentage of his millions if you loan him the money.ill get him to send you email,sunds like something youd be interested in:D

Just to clarify, I had paid for the headphones but have been refunded since then. I said that in my post. Read it again.

Ive always wondered about people who fight in forums....get a life

"Internet fights are like the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Internet fights are like the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded

You just won the gold medal spastic
    god that was a terrible comeback mate.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Hometown: Kerry

Hometown: Kerry

LOL, nice one :p
    Yup, just incase I try to return the headphones I didnt buy people should know that even though im from Kerry im actually living in Cork at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

no difference there mate :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads less of the abuse please. Everyone is ignorant to the amount of scams and fakes at some stage. The OP knows now.

I do know people who have knowingly bought fakes online for dirt cheap, but have still been happy with the product they got for the price they paid. Each to their own!

All I can do is wait for them to come and see just how badly i've been ripped off.
    If it comes to it I could ask the dudes in the sony store if theyre real, and of theyre not I can easily get my money back seeing as I payed with paypal.......

you'll need to return the goods within 7 days and unused to get your money back, how much is a registered packet to China these days...?

tbh mate if you buying a €150 pair of headphones off ebay for €30 you can be full sure there not the real deal, there will be very little noticable difference unless your a complete audiophile....your not going to be ripped off, your going into this with your eyes wide open, we've all given you our educated opinion, don't go ruining someones feedback just cause there not the same as you'll pick up in the Sony Center....be happy with your knock off's, you've saved a fortune...and only a pro will notice your faking it...:)

Ok thanks to everyone for all the advice but the transaction has been cancelled since I started the thread.

The same day I bought them I was refunded by the seller after I asked for a picture of the headphones showing the "CE" logo over the earpiece. He hadnt even sent them out yet.I didnt lose any money and I didnt get anything.DONE.

Ive decided to just buy some headphones for listening to music in general and I found a pair of Sennheiser HD555's for €75 in Harvey Normans so im happy with that.

If anyone knows of better headphones for listening to music that I can buy (in a shop) for less than that it'd be great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭uprooted shane

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Yeah if your a complete toerag.
    :L "toe rag"

havnt heard that in years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

ytbh mate if you buying a €150 pair of headphones off ebay for €30 you can be full sure there not the real deal, there will be very little noticable difference unless your a complete audiophile....

I suggest you get your hearing checked mate - and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. If you can't tell the difference between a 25-50 euro pair of headphones and a 100+ pair then you genuinely have damaged your hearing in some way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

LOL, nice one :p
    Yup, just incase I try to return the headphones I didnt buy people should know that even though im from Kerry im actually living in Cork at the mo.
    Ah. I think the Cork air is starting to get to your brain :D :P
    Sennheiser HD555's
    I've found Sennheiser to be excellent.

jimi_t wrote: »
    I suggest you get your hearing checked mate - and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. If you can't tell the difference between a 25-50 euro pair of headphones and a 100+ pair then you genuinely have damaged your hearing in some way.
    agreed the difference will be big.you wont have to be an audiophile to tell the difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

SOLD!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the_syco wrote: »
    I've found Sennheiser to be excellent.

Likewise. A cheap (€30ish) pair I got for listening to music were one of the comfiest pairs of headphones I've ever had, and still had that lovely senny bass...
    Have a bit of a love/hate relationship with my HD25 though:(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have the EH2200's - http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=004729 - had them about 6 years or so, love them. I;ve listened to top end sony's and HD25's - and I don't think mine are that lacking considering the hige price difference. I find mine the most comfortable to wear. the HD25's can be a bit of a pain I think. They sit on your ears rather than around them, all depends on what your used to I suppose

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

You always know when a large thread appears here that it is likely to contain abuse, debate and threats :D

I think the HD25 is a great headphone for pro use and sound fantastic - not the best though when it comes to listening for me anyway as they are a bit tight over the ear. Although they are good for flying as they tend to cancel exterior noise.

Yup, I bought the Sennheiser HD555's and in the end managed to haggle em down from €100 to €80.

Ive only just started using them but there is a huge difference in sound quality from what I was using before.They feel strange but to be fair im really not used to them yet.

Going just by first impressions im really happy with them!!

Advertisement