Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

delivery and assembly service

• 18-01-2009 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Does anyone know of a reputable delivery company which

1. Delivers items over 30kg (furniture items, for example) but doesn't charge palletised rates.

2. Offers delivery and assembly services for flat packed items?

I know there are companies offering domestic customers an assembly service, but we are are business selling flat packed products online and are looking for delivery companies which will also assemble products. We would require a country wide service.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

CC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cashy

Hi,
    I have a 7.5 ton truck & would be able to cover the munster area providing terms and conditions were right. Just speaking from experience with "flat pack", it takes a bit of time to assemble. The only company i know of that assembles their furniture is "cloud 9"(beds).

I find that alot of business/office type people are useless when it comes
    to anything to do with D.I.Y.

To answer your question, i dont know of a reputable company offerring delivery and assembly services for flat packed furniture.

I suppose its the time factor that would deter any courier company from assembling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭jamesy08

Hello,just a fast line,we are a company in Co limerick,www.adventureworldswingsets.com,we have a 2,000sq ft warehouse,and we design,manufacture,deliver and install a wide range of timber playground equipment,some of our products are imported flatpacked,and we put them together,and deliver them,Ive also worked in the USA installing flatpack office furniture,it,was something that i was actually looking into,to cover for the winter months,but,maybe we could work something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭CapedCrusader

Hi Cashy,

Many thanks for the reply.

I suppose I should clarify... the items we ship require assembly, but not as much as flat packed furniture typically does.

In any case, the assembly aspect is less important than the delivery itself.

The likes of Fastway and Interlink only ship items up to 30kg. I need an option for larger/heavier items but don't need a palletised service... something in the middle.

From experience, how much do you think I could expect to pay for nationwide delivery of larger items from 30 to 50kg?

Thanks again

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭BarryM3

Hi Cashy,

Many thanks for the reply.

I suppose I should clarify... the items we ship require assembly, but not as much as flat packed furniture typically does.

In any case, the assembly aspect is less important than the delivery itself.

The likes of Fastway and Interlink only ship items up to 30kg. I need an option for larger/heavier items but don't need a palletised service... something in the middle.

From experience, how much do you think I could expect to pay for nationwide delivery of larger items from 30 to 50kg?

Thanks again

CC

HI CC,

I own a company that can help you out. If you PM me your contat details I will give you a ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tiskey

Hi Caped Crusader,
    There is a company called UPS contact number if you google them, Sorry I dont know the number I have used them in the past and they are very good.
    Tiskey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jimwillfixit

Hi,
    If you go to www.jmofficeinteriors.ie and click on services button you will see some of the things we do.We have supplied these services to wholesalers/agents and distributors.

See ya
    J T

Advertisement