Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High Calorie Food???

• 18-01-2009 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Has anybody ever taken or know where to get high calorie food? Ive had a few things on my mind the past few weeks and my weight has dropped from 9 and a half stone to just a little over 7 and a half in the space of 6 weeks. I cant afford to lose much more weight, weather is fairly breezy, i literally will be blown away :D. Im trying to eat more but i just have no apetite. Somebody told me that you can get high calorie milkshakes etc.
    Anybody have any experience with these?
    Cheers in advance Guys. ;)

Comments

wow, that's alot of weight to lose, you must be going through a tough time.

You can buy complan shakes in most supermarkets, they will be near the slimfast etc but that's not what they are at all, they are designed for people who can't eat but need the calories, I'm pretty sure your doctor could recommend a better version of these if you speak to him/her.

My husband was in hospital a few years back and was dropping weight quickly and they put him on something like this, it certainly helped.

Best of luck, hope everything gets better for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Rather than focusing on your weight, get yourself to your GP to see if everything is ok.

Your BMI is the important number, find that out and take action from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Agree that you need to see a doc asap to get yourself checked out, weight loss like that is not the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Me to you

My bmi is 16 at the moment, underweight for my height of about 5"7. Hmmmm perhaps a trip to the doc is in order, am def going to go look for those shakes too though. Thanks for all the lovely comments guys!!! Much appriciated. :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,340 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The guys in the Nutrition & Diet forum are probably the people you should be asking about this as they're the real experts.

Moved from PI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yeah, see your GP. 28lb in 6 weeks for somebody who is already light is very fast.

Other high calorie foods are peanuts, wholemeal bread, you can get natural unsalted peanut butter in health shops and make wholemeal bread sandwiches. Whole milk is also an easy way to get more calories in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

+1, get yourself to a doctor asap.

As for high calorie foods, nuts and peanut butter are very calorie dense and might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭niamh.brady

Hiya Me to you,

I'm sorry to repeat what everyone else is saying, but I think a quick blood test from your GP would be the best thing to do first. I lost about 1.5 stones in 2 weeks before (thinking that I must have been eating better or been too busy to eat) but on the other hand my cousin has awful trouble keeping weight on and her doctor devised a plan and some high cal, high energy shakes, yoghurts etc for her. The yoghurt things are apparently beautiful!!!!!

No harm in getting checked out anyway.

Advertisement