Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiplayer Saturday 3.30pm Sharp.

Options
  • 18-01-2009 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

This Saturday. If you can't make then I'm sorry. but we have to start this. If you really wanted to play, but are unavailable then start a multiplayer thread yourself and see who can play with you at a similar time. For those who have never played an online game then it should be noted that it runs very slow. I don't mean slow because of connections or computer, but mainly because people take ages to press continue. Before you join up on Saturday have a fair idea of who you want to sign etc. Having said that I still reckon we won't start and league action within the first 3 weeks. We might if we are lucky.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jusk

That should suit - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Will let you know tomorrow if I'll be available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I shall be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Guys if you can will you download xfire. Install and add suicidesamuri (me). Steam only allows communication in game when we use it to play FM09, which I don't.

Can be found here:

www.xfire.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can you carry formations across to network games yes?

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Can you carry formations across to network games yes?

I believe so yes.

Grand. I'll set it up tonight so. Have a look at the Newcastle team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Hey, still on for this anyway. Have added suicidesamuri on xfire. Have tried Wigan and really wanna change my choice now :p

It looks like the guy who took ManU isn't doing it if it's FM09 so I'll take them if available. Otherwise Blackburn or West Ham in that order - thanks a mill for the effort.

My brother knacked my laptop for college this week, but I will accept your invitations on xfire when I get down Thursday. Also, I have about a hundred people on that thing so when I log on and you see my name msg me so I can see who you are.

You also need to download and install hamachi

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp?lang=en

It's what allows you to connect to my computer. I may also need a volunteer to help me test out a game to see if it's working since I haven't tried a game online in FM09 yet.

Since we don't know who will turn up Saturday we will choose what teams to be then, but if you picked a team already in the sign up thread then you have preference over that team when picking.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

You'll have to count me out for this one lads.
    Match at 2 o'clock.

Means Arsenal are up for grabs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Sorry don't think I'll be able too play this...

What you need:

FM disk
    Internet connection
    Both of you need to have the same patch
    Hamachi << Link

How to set it up:

Install hamachi, load it up -- in the taskbar (bottom right) click the flashing electrode/the 3 ball'd logo

When it's loaded up you should have this:

To create a network for your friend and your FM game click the orb which is blue in my image

Click Create a new network, type in your network name (one which your friend can recongnise). Then a password. *might help if your friend has MSN so you can tell him the password*

Then the next step is for your friend, you should now be connected to the network created. Tell your friend to click on the same orb (blue one in my image) and to click on join exisiting network. Type in the network name you created and the password you created. He/she should now have joined the network.

How to play:

The host must create the game before any of this and should have added himself as a manager.

Now you must send your pal your IP address as shown on hamachi screen.

He/she gets it must load up FM and go to Network/Play online then go to Join other server and paste in the IP address you sent.

The game should now appear in the local servers.

Join the game and add yourself as manager.

This still happening?

Need the disk??

SantryRed wrote: »
    This still happening?

Need the disk??

Yeah myself and Lusk where in game. You don't need the disk if you have steam. Add me on xfire: suicidesamuri and I can guide you into the game.

Added you there.

Username the same on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

sorry lads, i just can't commit the time to this at the mo. i know i shoulda posted this a few days ago...

Advertisement