Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for p/t odd jobs business

Options
  • 18-01-2009 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi All

I hope that somebody may be able to point me in the right direction.

I am going to start doing some odds and ends of DIY / Maintenance / Odd Jobs on a part time basis outside of my 9-5.

Generally it will just be me on a sat / sunday so for this I would need public liability insurance.

If on occasion I pay someone to assist, I presume I will need employers liability.

All in all it will be a small venture to keep a bit of extra cash flowing, however I am wondering where to look about insurance. I know all of the major insurers will gladly quote at extravagent prices, but this is a small p/t thing and so need to keep costs to a minimum.

If anyone had any advice it would be greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

I use the AA for my business insurance. Absolute best quote I could get. I'll PM contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

E & P/L insurance premium is usually determined by :

- type of business
    - wage bill/no of employees and
    - turnover

Premiums will vary enormously, so shop around and read the cover details carefully, no point in having inadequate cover just to save a few €.

Advertisement