Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sound System for Seat Cordoba

Options
  • 18-01-2009 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, hope you can help me out here.

Recently, I've bought an '03 Seat Cordoba. She's great, and she's my first car too. Now, I'm big into my music and obviously the original system isn't that great. I'm not looking for massive speakers or anything like that but what I'm really in need of is a slick sound system, probably not touch screen or anything like that but the only requirement I really need is an Auxillary input for my iPod. I don't know anything about fitting things in myself or the first thing about car mechanics, so obviously I'll need to pay someone to do the labour for me. Hope one of you can lead me in the right direction, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

hey, well if i were you what id do is find out the size of your speakers then find upgrades. i personally like the jbl gto's. very good sound from them but not the most powerful speaker but defo a good option. then id look at running an amp to those speakers cos powering them from a head unit wont make a massive difference. ya prob wont even need a big amp just something like 4x50w rms.

do ya know your speaker sizes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Not sure, I'll find out today and get back to you on that one, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

id honestly throw my arm and say theyre 6 inch. could be wrong tho. but the only real way to get descent sound is to amp the speakers. i swapped over the std speakers and hooked them up to the head unit. no difference. got an amp, world of a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think you're gonna run into problems if the stereo is the same as on the Ibiza, isn't the fan and heater part of the stereo on a Cordoba?

Just checked it, seems if you have the current mode (03-09)l you should be ok, but if yours is the facelift of the original Cordoba (03 back) it will be a problem.

• Advertisement

Here it is. I'm not sure if it's part of it or separate or what.

dsc00591549.jpg

Ah no, that won't be a problem, The older Cordobas had a large LCD screen that had radio and heater display, and the heating controls were all in the same unit. yours is the newer type. a DIN sied unit will fit no problems.

I'd recommend you get a headunit with ipod integration and an auxillary input, Sony do a nice one that also has a bluetooth phone kit built in.

Sweet, that's great to hear.

Thinking of getting something simple like this. AUX input etc.
    218Pr1BjfHL._SL500_AA200_.jpg

I'm pretty clueless with the speakers, though. I'm looking for something that'll give me good mids/trebs that are usually lost in the default sound system - and of course, a subwoofer for the electro tunes. Nothing too expensive, although I'm a sucker for anything with LED's :pac:

Advertisement