Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gas fire keeps going out + low pilot flame

Options
  • 18-01-2009 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

hadent used my gas fire for a while and when i light it the flame goes out after a while i know there is a termo unit to keep the gas flowing, but i cleaned this with some light fileing. the flame from the pilot stays on when the fire is set to low but then turns off when heat is turned up. i noticed that the flame from the pilot is lower then i remember. i noticed the flame from pilot does not always pass over the sensor, that is why i think the flame needs to be adjusted. i wonder is there a handy way of turning up the flow of flame to the pilot. the reson we had the gas fire fitted is that there was too much wind comming down the chimminy causing the room to fill with smoke. any help would be great i have reposted this tread so please feel free to delete

Advertisement