Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 ford focus for 9000

Options
  • 18-01-2009 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey just wondering about the above, have been looking at the ford focus cars and most at 05 are asking for 11-12,000.
    Just wondering if i was to go into a dealer and be really serious about buying which i am, how much could i expect to get off? I really can't stretch more than 9000.
    If it seems far fetched to get the 05 for 9000, any other ideas what i can get for the above budget?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

Hey just wondering about the above, have been looking at the ford focus cars and most at 05 are asking for 11-12,000.
    Just wondering if i was to go into a dealer and be really serious about buying which i am, how much could i expect to get off? I really can't stretch more than 9000.
    If it seems far fetched to get the 05 for 9000, any other ideas what i can get for the above budget?

You should be able to get a 05 for 9000. 11-12k is too much. If you shop around you would get a 07 plain 1.4 5dr ex car hire for that money. I'm sending you a PM on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

I'm no expert but it doesn't sound too far fetched to me that you could purchase a listed 11,000 for 9,000, especially if you are not in a big rush and can afford some time to look around and find the right bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

My personal advice

Just take your time and dont rush.

And if anything in the deal dosent sound right just walk away.

would it not be cheaper if you import a focus from UK ?

cargiant and autoquake have some on site.May be look into this too.

<I am no expert in importing but UK cars are much better spec and you can get a good deal>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I'm trading in a Focus C-Max 2007 in two weeks or so, and I'm getting a trade in of 8k. If you want to knwo where PM me! Its a 1.8 flexi fuel with a full service history, serviced every 20,000km.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭galaxyminstrels

Thanks a million Maxwell. Thing is insurance will crucify me with the 1.8 as ive just passed my driving test and my its my first car. Looking to buy something decent as i have the money and i might as well when they should be cheap.
    8000 trade in for 07 must mean that the garage's really are ripping people off if i couldn't even buy a 05 for that.!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Thanks a million Maxwell. Thing is insurance will crucify me with the 1.8 as ive just passed my driving test and my its my first car. Looking to buy something decent as i have the money and i might as well when they should be cheap.
    8000 trade in for 07 must mean that the garage's really are ripping people off if i couldn't even buy a 05 for that.!

call around on insurance companies, quinn might let you away with it, and at worst see about doing a private deal, if people are only geting 8k trade in im sure you could do a private deal with 9, they could then walk into a agrage with cash and get a better deal themselves,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Vauxhall dealer in Portadown (Carn ind est, off M12) is advertising '08 Vectras with "delivery mileage only " for STG £9950... cheap car.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i bought a 05 focus last year for 16k
    rang up finlays (where i bought it) 2 weeks ago and they told me they are only worth about 7k now

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

I was quoted €10K trade-in for my 2006 Focus TDCi 1.6l.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

they'll still be up on the forecourt at 11000 having looked around recently dealers here dont want to deal walked away from several cars recently and imported. there was a 1.6 tdci in ennikillen for £5995 about €1500 vrt just about in your budget but it had gone ( they seem to go fairly quickly ) i'd get on in the uk with the sport pack myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

they'll still be up on the forecourt at 11000 having looked around recently dealers here dont want to deal walked away from several cars recently and imported. there was a 1.6 tdci in ennikillen for £5995 about €1500 vrt just about in your budget but it had gone ( they seem to go fairly quickly ) i'd get on in the uk with the sport pack myself.

VRT on a 05 1.6 tdci is 1913 euro.

5995 stg = 6800 euro, plus vrt = 8750, add a few hundred for the day out in enniskillen = 8950. can be bought in the south for that price if you shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

depends on the model mate go through and see anything from 1500 to 2021 anyway you may have lots of choice in limerick but the dealers here in donegal wouldnt cut you that sort of deal nowhere near, got offered an 04 (old model) 1.8tdi average condition with 100,000 miles on it for 7995 and the dealer wouldnt budge on the price i offered 5500 and walked away from it the guy said that was the price cos he'd knocked a 1000 off the screen price.

BTW i live in donegal so the car i bought was 30 mins drive away so a day out in enniskillen wouldnt be a few hundred (be a bit different living in cork or limerick) you have to factor it all in including the generally higher spec on uk cars.

Advertisement