Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Idol 2009 - 8th Season

Options
  • 18-01-2009 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

The eighth season of the hit show back with a new fourth judge songwriter Kara DioGuardi

back on ITV 2 and TV3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

JP Liz wrote: »
    The eighth season of the hit show back with a new fourth judge songwriter Kara DioGuardi

back on ITV 2 and TV3

she aint bad looking either.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched the 3 hour of auditions on Saturday night.. can't say I really enjoyed it to be honest.

Thought the blind guy was great though.. not overly sympathetic but he had a great voice and thought his story and achievements were very impressive.

Don't think I'll watch anymore though... that Kara seemed like a utter diva and didn't come across well at well I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Does it really matter what the other judges (not Simon) thinks and says - it seems its only Simon's opinion that the contestants are interested in :rolleyes:

Just watching it now and Simon gave one contestant a standing ovation :eek: has that ever happened before ???????/

No, but to be fair he was pretty amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I was very interested in AI last year because of Carly Smithson but this year's is crap in comparison. There was one girl in the top 36 I thought was great (Kristen McNamara) but she didn't make it into the top 13.

I've completely lost interest now since Megan Joy was voted off (she veered weirdly between brilliant and excrutiating). Adam Lambert is the only person left who deserves to win. Allison Iraheta should come second. The rest are completely forgettable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 pinkenergy

Adam Lambert is a breath of fresh air. He is always himself and is an outstanding singer and a virtuoso performer. He is somebody who has made me excited to watch idol again. I like Allison also but she isnt quite as interesting. Danny seems to be loosing heart. Having said that the uproar in the states amuses me. Who gives a d...m if Adam is gay or not. What the hell has that got to do with his singing or performances. He has a voice and a gift and is a guy who can sing anything.
    I wish I could vote for him but I think he will win anyway.
    There are not as many good singers this year though and the rest are pretty tame. It was better years ago with stronger characters also.
    Still Adam rocks and hopefully will win it. If there is any fairness in the world.:p:rolleyes:

Adam Lambert should win!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

pinkenergy wrote: »
    Adam Lambert is a breath of fresh air. He is always himself and is an outstanding singer and a virtuoso performer. He is somebody who has made me excited to watch idol again. I like Allison also but she isnt quite as interesting. Danny seems to be loosing heart. Having said that the uproar in the states amuses me. Who gives a d...m if Adam is gay or not. What the hell has that got to do with his singing or performances. He has a voice and a gift and is a guy who can sing anything.
    I wish I could vote for him but I think he will win anyway.
    There are not as many good singers this year though and the rest are pretty tame. It was better years ago with stronger characters also.
    Still Adam rocks and hopefully will win it. If there is any fairness in the world.:p:rolleyes:

Adam is class but is anyone just expecting too much from him now. It seems every week he comes on im expecting the most theatrical performance ever and well i think he peaked when he sang Mad world.
    Kris seems to be a dark horse here. There isnt much said about him but every week i think he does exceptional performances. Personally id like to see Danny win though.( cant asee it happening though) F**king Cool voice.

Adam and Kris in the final :D

So long Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

JP Liz wrote: »
    Adam and Kris in the final :D

So long Danny

AYeah kris singing heartless with just the guitar. That was fricking cool man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I have to say this year's show hasn't been that great at all. Adam was the only person in the top 13 with a great voice.
    Danny, Matt, Allison and Kris were all pretty good but none of them really had star quality (Allison perhaps might when she's a bit older). Lil, Anoop and Alexis were all very average. Scott, Jorge, Michael and Jasmine should never have got that far. My personal favourite was Megan but she was never going to win because she's somewhat of an acquired taste.

I very much doubt I'd ever listen to an Adam Lambert album but for his voice alone he should definitely win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Adam Lambert has to be one of the most annoying people I have ever seen on TV, he is up there with that little ass Archelleta.
    I don't know how someone can say he has a great voice, it is some of the most annoying screaming I have ever heard, and why does he have to try and hit the same high note in every song and stick his tongue out.
    He is not one bit original, he just copied his version of mad world, it was a decent performance but everything is a performance, it is just total broadway, one minute i am sad the next iam happy, it is hard to watch.
    I don't know why people are saying he didn't win because he is gay, seriously !! Are people really going to go with this conspiracy, he lost because he is not likable and comes across as a bit self indulged.
    Media love making up these stories for people to latch on to, only people that really liked him are teenagers.

He was heavily and even embarrassingly endorsed by the judges as they saw him as a cash cow.
    Allison was by far the best singer in the competition, not sure anyone came even close, it was one of the worst years ever for the competition.
    Kris Allen has bags of a likable personality and comes across as very genuine and humble.
    He also can sing and is extremely talented on piano and guitar. He showed us that with some great renditions that were over looked by judges for what reason i do not know.

Lambert should go back to stage school.

Kris Allen won :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭unichick

Disappointed Kris won and Adam lost out. I think it was due to Americans being so conservative. Best of luck to them all. My favourite was probably Alison during the whole show.

Advertisement