Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen Scirocco, 5 door?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Biro wrote: »
    Hang on - it's €500 cheaper than a 3dr Golf GTi with the same engine. How can it be hideously over-priced? And it's better looking than the mundane Golf. That makes it a better buy than the 3dr GTI in my opinion! Less money for better looks! How bad?

+1

Anyone that pays the guts of 40K on a golf needs their head examined.

the Scirocco, whilst stupidly over priced, seems like an absolute bargain when compared to the price of the GTI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Hang on - it's €500 cheaper than a 3dr Golf GTi with the same engine. How can it be hideously over-priced? And it's better looking than the mundane Golf. That makes it a better buy than the 3dr GTI in my opinion! Less money for better looks! How bad?

Horses for courses but I completely disagree. The MKV GTI is one of the better looking cars on the road today IMO, a well proportioned, nicely "stanced" car, particularly in 3-door form with the 18" rims. I'm completely biased of course, but hey.

The Scirocco, while I think it's got quite a handsome front end, I think it completely loses its way from the front door backwards! The lines are all wrong, the arse is overly bulbous, the ride height is inexplicably high, it's like the rear end belongs to a different car! They market it as a coupe - but it's a 3 door hatchback.
    Very very few irish Scirocco's will look anything like the white one posted earlier.

All just my opinion of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Horses for courses but I completely disagree. The MKV GTI is one of the better looking cars on the road today IMO, a well proportioned, nicely "stanced" car, particularly in 3-door form with the 18" rims. I'm completely biased of course, but hey.

The Scirocco, while I think it's got quite a handsome front end, I think it completely loses its way from the front door backwards! The lines are all wrong, the arse is overly bulbous, the ride height is inexplicably high, it's like the rear end belongs to a different car! They market it as a coupe - but it's a 3 door hatchback.
    Very very few irish Scirocco's will look anything like the white one posted earlier.

All just my opinion of course.

I think the Golf is as dull as ditch water, but as you say, horses for courses. It still doesn't make any sense out of your hideously over-priced arguement!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I think the Golf is as dull as ditch water, but as you say, horses for courses. It still doesn't make any sense out of your hideously over-priced arguement!

I didn't say the GTI was particularly good value for money either :pac: :pac:

Some of VW's products have started to look very pricey, when you compare them against the ultra-low emissions BMW's for example. If I was shopping again today, that's where I'd be looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

whippet wrote: »
    why would you cringe, the GTi isn't a sports coupe, it's a hot hatch!!! 3 or 5 doors is personal preference or practicality!!

As for the VRS ..it's a saloon not a hatch back.

My Vrs line was a joke! as for the hot hatch point,to me a 5dr can't be as hot as a 3dr,i do conceed on the practicality issue though.

Boras are for people too cool to drive golfs and to unconformist to drive passats i.e losers :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

tossy wrote: »
    My Vrs line was a joke! as for the hot hatch point,to me a 5dr can't be as hot as a 3dr,i do conceed on the practicality issue though.

Boras are for people too cool to drive golfs and to unconformist to drive passats i.e losers :D

I don't get the attraction to Bora's. They're horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

tossy wrote: »

fair enough .. you wouldn't believe the amount of people who say to me 'you should have got the VRs instead .. it's the same with a bigger boot and better cost' .. while they trundle off in their fiesta, colt or someother bog standard a-b motor.

as for Victor_M comment about spending 40K on a golf ... i did and don't regret a minute of it. Its all about personal choice and preferences !!

Advertisement