Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web shops that require mandatory registration

Options
  • 18-01-2009 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Pretty annoying aren't they? You know when you just want to get the postage cost (often it can be pretty high) and you have to sign up entering your personal data.

It can be handy to have an account with a good site but the account set up could easily be done via the payment forms.

Nothing much that can be done about it but I'd just like to say to e-retailers or webmasters, avoid it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I think its worse if you just want to see if they take laser card or not :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

just use a fake e-mail addy and details, handy throw away e-mail addys at dodgeit.com and bugmenot.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I use a hotmail address for sites I'm not sure about .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭,8,1

Cabaal wrote: »
    just use a fake e-mail addy and details, handy throw away e-mail addys at dodgeit.com and bugmenot.com

One can do that, for sure, it's what I usually do. But that's still alot of avoidable keystrokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

,8,1 wrote: »
    One can do that, for sure, it's what I usually do. But that's still alot of avoidable keystrokes.

Unless you can fill in that form with bogey details like you can in opera at the touch of a button ;-) I think firefox has a plug in also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

,8,1 wrote: »
    Pretty annoying aren't they? You know when you just want to get the postage cost (often it can be pretty high) and you have to sign up entering your personal data.

It can be handy to have an account with a good site but the account set up could easily be done via the payment forms.

Nothing much that can be done about it but I'd just like to say to e-retailers or webmasters, avoid it.

The main reason it's done is to use the persons address to calculate the shipping cost.

If the site uses a standard shipping fee then there's usually no signup required....

Advertisement