Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Bloody good 'life' policy, that's what's needed

Options
  • 18-01-2009 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

Well, Mr.Bent, yet again you've proved that you are the poorest excuse for a striker to EVER wear the Spurs shirt...(and that's saying something.....)
    I would like to formally propose that Levy takes out, as a matter of greatest urgency, a life policy on Dear Darren.....Once in place, I personally volunteer to travel across, pay a visit to Mile End/Bow, source a suitable 'tool' and visit Mr.Bent...nowt personal you understand, it's just that if ever I see that useless GOON in a Spurs shirt again, I may have to consider suicide...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Alternatively, if Martin O'Neill comes anywhere near offering £5m for the useless waste of space that masquerades as a striker, someone snatch his feckin' arm off !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

BOLT wrote: »
    Well, Mr.Bent, yet again you've proved that you are the poorest excuse for a striker to EVER wear the Spurs shirt...(and that's saying something.....)
    I would like to formally propose that Levy takes out, as a matter of greatest urgency, a life policy on Dear Darren.....Once in place, I personally volunteer to travel across, pay a visit to Mile End/Bow, source a suitable 'tool' and visit Mr.Bent...nowt personal you understand, it's just that if ever I see that useless GOON in a Spurs shirt again, I may have to consider suicide...:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    A bit OTT I think.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Woodgate wrote: »
    A bit OTT I think.:rolleyes:

This. I mean Sergei Rebrov ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Kold wrote: »
    This. I mean Sergei Rebrov ffs.

Just remind me, how much did Rebrov cost.

Whoever it was at Charlton that did the deal to sell Bent to us should be very proud of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

BOLT wrote: »
    Just remind me, how much did Rebrov cost.

£11m back in May 2000.

Did f*ck all in his time at Spurs, 16 goals scored. 1 goal every 5 games.

Darren Bent cost £16.5m and scores on average 1 in every 3 games. Not great but far better ratio.

Transfer fee would be comparable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Woodgate wrote: »
    £11m back in May 2000.

Did f*ck all in his time at Spurs, 16 goals scored. 1 goal every 5 games.

Darren Bent cost £16.5m and scores on average 1 in every 3 games. Not great but far better ratio.

Transfer fee would be comparable.

In a worse team, Rebrov scored 12 in 36 games in his first season. He was frozen out by Hoddle, I always maintained he could have been a much better player with the right manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I remember someone once referred to Rebrov as Andrew Rigley when describing his partnership with Schevchenko at Kiev (think it was Jim Duggan).

Prrbabally a bit harsh but there's no doubt that we signed the lesser one. Rebrov has never been close to replicating his form with Kiev since he left in 2000. Can't all be Spurs/Hoddle's fault.

A very expensive mistate, but hey, this is Spurs, expensive mistakes have become our specilaity. Hope Palacios will help reverse the trend. Figers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Prrbabally a bit harsh but there's no doubt that we signed the lesser one. Rebrov has never been close to replicating his form with Kiev since he left in 2000. Can't all be Spurs/Hoddle's fault.

A lot of Kiev players struggled once they left the Ukraine Shane, the environment at Dynamo was very controlled, they applied all sorts of training regimes, diet etc etc to help get the most out of their players. They had a scientific department there that did a primative version of prozone (that computer software that Sam Allardyce uses) analysing players performances after games. To some extent they were treated like kids at Dynamo, and after moving to the west struggled with the new sense of freedom and the responsibilities that bestowed on them. Shevchenko was probably the only export to thrive once he left.

The thing is, he ended up back at Kiev a few years ago, scoring a healthy 1 in 3 over 3 seasons, found his way back into the national side (IIRC he played in midfield!) and now he's at reigning Russian champions Rubin Kazan where he plays in midfield as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

A lot of Kiev players struggled once they left the Ukraine Shane, the environment at Dynamo was very controlled, they applied all sorts of training regimes, diet etc etc to help get the most out of their players. They had a scientific department there that did a primative version of prozone (that computer software that Sam Allardyce uses) analysing players performances after games. To some extent they were treated like kids at Dynamo, and after moving to the west struggled with the new sense of freedom and the responsibilities that bestowed on them. Shevchenko was probably the only export to thrive once he left.

The thing is, he ended up back at Kiev a few years ago, scoring a healthy 1 in 3 over 3 seasons, found his way back into the national side (IIRC he played in midfield!) and now he's at reigning Russian champions Rubin Kazan where he plays in midfield as well.

Fair enough - still reckon we were sold a dogy motor - a 5mil or 6mil player maybe, but for a record signing he was extremely disapointing. If he was really that good he would have gone on to prove Hoddle wrong. He pretty much faded away into the background since the heady days of 99/00 season.

Anyway, no point in looking back now, especially at dissapointments. Onwads and upwards mate !!:)

Advertisement