Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRSA 5% Commission /Can I Get Better Deal?

Options
  • 18-01-2009 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭

Hi, I recently took out a PRSA pension with Irish Life, I have the standard plan. I was just reading through the books that came to me and have discovered that the guy who set it up for me seemingly forgot to tell me that 5% of all my contributions is being taking out as a commission charge.This is a bit steep dont you think?

Q? Can I change PRSA from one provider to another?
    Q? Is it possible to obtain a PRSA with 0% commission charges ie: 100% of contributions being invested?

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dizzybridie

That's not really a true charge. it's just a bid/offer spread. V different. This bid / offer spread charge for trading in units is pretty much the same as all competing companies. You can switch provider for free if you want.

Ginger83 wrote: »
    I was just reading through the books that came to me and have discovered that the guy who set it up for me seemingly forgot to tell me that 5% of all my contributions is being taking out as a commission charge.

You should have received a Preliminary Disclosure booklet that would have expalined the charging structure before you completed the transaction.
    Q? Can I change PRSA from one provider to another?

Yes.
    Q? Is it possible to obtain a PRSA with 0% commission charges ie: 100% of contributions being invested?

Yes. You can get a PRSA on these terms on an 'Execution Only' service basis (no advice) from a Discount Broker.

Advertisement