Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wat do you want for Semester 2???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Lol! This too please tracy! Also can we provide maintanance doses of heroin to the "dyin' sick" students.:D

But seriously though as an ex-pill popper I can verify that there is a lot more nasty alternatives in pills today, many dangerous and all unpleasant.
    Why is it a necessity to have ecstasy testing kits in a student campus shop? People aren't going to be popping pills on campus, therefore we don't need them on campus.

I've no problem with the campus discouraging people doing ecstasy and promoting safety kits to those who actually do it, but why is it a necessity to have them sold in the shop when they can just go down to your local head shop or what ever and pick one up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Oh yeah, some of this in the SU shop would be nice if budgets allow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocaine_drink

Monster Energy would be a nice alternative if the above is deemed too "offensive".

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

for semester 2 i want exam results released on time.
    i was just over looking at the modularisation page and every school apart from bolton street engineering has a schedule for the release of results. Bolton Street is always last!!!
    They are so unorganised i doubt they actually know themselves what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

also administration need to stop telling lies.

got a call from a class mate to see how well i did in the exams, and that they were up on http://modularisation.dit.ie

tried to log in with my student number and pin, no luck.

ring them up saying it's not letting me in.

first i get "have you paid you're fees?" i said "yes in fact your charged my credit card twice, and left me out of pocket of 900 euros for 3 months".

then she said "do you have the right student number and pin" i replied "well they haven't changed in the last 4 years so i'm sure they're correct".

she goes off to check something.

comes back with "ehh the module boards are still sitting"

i refute with "erm my friend has just sent me a screen shot of his results entered for semester 1 so they must be finished".

she comes back with "results for CS haven't been entered yet i don't know how he got them".

me hangs up in complete disgust and their incompetence :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

got a call from a class mate to see how well i did in the exams, and that they were up on http://modularisation.dit.ie

first i get "have you paid you're fees?" i said "yes in fact your charged my credit card twice, and left me out of pocket of 900 euros for 3 months".

then she said "do you have the right student number and pin" i replied "well they haven't changed in the last 4 years so i'm sure they're correct".

i refute with "erm my friend has just sent me a screen shot of his results entered for semester 1 so they must be finished".

she comes back with "results for CS haven't been entered yet i don't know how he got them".

In fairness, not all exams may yet be published. They're not supposed to be released until tomorrow:

http://modularisation.dit.ie/ExamScheduleS1-Science.pdf

A lot of other courses listed in that has not got their results yet, so im sure there entering all the records as we speak!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

The administration in DIT are a shower of cunts. This story is just one of many bad experiences that have been posted on these forums. I too would request that they sort their shit out once and for all next semester.

true, i suppose, bit of an unnecessary rant

i still have a little bit of a sore spot for them hitting me for 1800 euro for registration this year and their general attitude when i tried to get it back which i successfully got back the 900 and the middle of december a full three months after it was taken from me.

they feed you bull**** lies "did you hit the submit button twice on the form?"
    "erm no, because the button disabled when you submit once"
    "ohh there's no other explanation for it, you must have hit the button twice"

at this point i :rolleyes:

for the three months it was "it was refunded back on to your card" or "come back wednesday" or "there was a cheque sent out to your home address".

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Ass Face wrote: »
    Why is it a necessity to have ecstasy testing kits in a student campus shop? People aren't going to be popping pills on campus, therefore we don't need them on campus.

I've no problem with the campus discouraging people doing ecstasy and promoting safety kits to those who actually do it, but why is it a necessity to have them sold in the shop when they can just go down to your local head shop or what ever and pick one up?

I actually think it is a good idea to sell them on campus, even though I don't eat pills. According to my mates they have to be bought online and cannot be found in headshops. And people are more likely to buy them if they see them in the SU shop everyday.

I don't know what I want for semester 2. I think I'm happy enough with the way things are. The college is a bit unorganized sometimes but other than that I can't complain, thanks anyway Tracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

If they were to sell the kits in the SU shops it would be seen to be advocating the use of drugs. So it will never happen. From the start of Semester 2 won't even be able to smoke on college grounds any more (Kevin Street) as thats seen as incouraging smoking. :( Might help me to cut down though.

doubt that considering you's didn't adhere to the no smoking signs near the doorways.

• Advertisement

That annoyed me too, people standing in front of the doors of the annex. Especially on a wet day.
    Has there been no smoking signs there in previous years?

no this was the first year they put them up well the first year in the 4 years i've been at DIT

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

It would be nice if the exam papers we pay for are actually up-to-date, instead of spending hours trying to work out answers only to discover the question was wrong and an amendment was given during the exam, or full marks given if discovered after the exam.
    Surely the correct questions should be in the ones available for purchase?
    And also, the strict times which you can buy them are an absolute joke, I know a couple of my classmates tried to get them the Monday before exams started (very late I know!) and were told to come back Wednesday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Caroline19

Hey, why are the labs in Aungier st not open till 9am in the mornings and why isn't the library open in Aungier st closed on sundays,and on weekdays not open till 9.30am, it's a disaster....just wondering if you could shed any light on this issue...as it would be handy if the library was open on sundays especially comming up to exam times...
    Thanks!!

Caroline19 wrote: »
    Hey, why are the labs in Aungier st not open till 9am in the mornings and why isn't the library open in Aungier st closed on sundays,and on weekdays not open till 9.30am, it's a disaster....just wondering if you could shed any light on this issue...as it would be handy if the library was open on sundays especially comming up to exam times...
    Thanks!!

+1.

It would be great if the library opened at 8, and did a half day on sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Caroline19

Thats what i thought as well, for instance if u have a 9am lecture on a monday morning where can u print off notes, do assignments ect...
    I would be nice to have somewhere to go and study in peace on a sunday as well....like other colleges have there library's open on sundays..so why can't we??:eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Caroline19 wrote: »
    Thats what i thought as well, for instance if u have a 9am lecture on a monday morning where can u print off notes, do assignments ect...
    I would be nice to have somewhere to go and study in peace on a sunday as well....like other colleges have there library's open on sundays..so why can't we??:eek:

+1 Every DIT student I know feels this way. Would be interesting to hear from Tracey on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 smileyhappy

Hi Tracey

As everyone knows today was absolutely FREEZING yet in many rooms in Bolton Street there was no heating on. Sitting in freezing cold, draughty rooms is no way to learn. This isn't a once off, there have been many times that I and my classmates have been sitting frozen in a class room because DIT do not see fit to turn on the heating.

This I would like to see something done about fast. I don't have a class rep so can't go down that route.

I was freezing my balls off yesterday.

I demand testicle warmers for every student.

disssco wrote: »
    I was freezing my balls off yesterday.

I demand testicle warmers for every student.

Even those with out testicles? :p Some one better get knitting then!

• Advertisement

^^Vaginal warmers for the ladies, lets not be sexist.

I would like to see proper coffee and hot chocolate in Kevin Street. The stuff there is shockin'!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

it'd be much appreciated if the computer labs in Aungier Street were open before 9:00am. there's nothing more annoying than sitting in an empty lecture room for 20-30 minutes because your bus was early.

go to the porters office, hand in your student card and ask for the keys to the labs.

they will have no problem giving them to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

So as the second semester is fast approaching it's time for me to ask the question, what do you want from your SU or even DIT for that matter??

There are many things that are achievable and can be sorted out! No matter if its a big or small issue we want to know about it so we can actaully do something about it!!

So take this opportunity to let us know and we will do what we can!!

Your Vice President
    Tracey Flinter ;)

1. The pass rate for exams cut to 20%
    2. Unblock gaming sites from Internet access so I can play poker
    3. More eye candy in the Tutor department ( call me shallow but it does educationally help )
    4. An onsite accountant to assist students with their taxes each year

Thanks Tracey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

go to the porters office, hand in your student card and ask for the keys to the labs.

they will have no problem giving them to you.

hassle. they should just be opened earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

get more girls in Bolton Street.

Just find a way to do it. Get them from Aungier Street or something. I don't really mind how good looking. But more females there will be a lot better than none. That place is just not normal on some days.

john47832 wrote: »
    1. The pass rate for exams cut to 20%
    2. Unblock gaming sites from Internet access so I can play poker
    3. More eye candy in the Tutor department ( call me shallow but it does educationally help )
    4. An onsite accountant to assist students with their taxes each year

Thanks Tracey :)

Does Anyone have Tracey's email address here? I feel like my requests are being ignored :(
    Seems to be just another politician making promises...

vpacademic@ditsu.ie

Tracey - nor can any other SU employee - cannot deal with problems here on boards, all she can do is start this thread and hope you contact her.

• Advertisement

vpacademic@ditsu.ie

Tracey - nor can any other SU employee - cannot deal with problems here on boards, all she can do is start this thread and hope you contact her.

Probably should have said that.. I quote below

"So take this opportunity to let us know and we will do what we can!! "

Apologies for taking it literally :D

Advertisement