Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best battered sausage?

Options
  • 18-01-2009 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where the best battered sausage in Limerick can be found?
    I found one in the adopdted Limerick coastal town of Kilkee, Naughtons Fish, do the best battered sausage i have ever tasted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I'm quite fond of Rios in Castletroy myself. Also Enzo's on William St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Beside the one in my pants I agree with the above post. Rios!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

rios or donkey fords yum..just had some from donkys earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The thing with Rios, is that the batter is too moist! I believe a good battered sausage should be really crunchy! Still I like them though, but not the best

There is enough willy innuendo in here to fill a barn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

best battered sausage i ever got was down the lane across from Trinity Rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

So are any of ye going to answer the OP's question properly or am I am I going to have to let my inner Nazi out?

So are any of ye going to answer the OP's question properly or am I am I going to have to let my inner Nazi out?

I did say Rios, but then gay thoughts entered my head. :( No stay back purple mushrooms, stay back I tell you....arrrrgggggghhhhh oooohhhhhhh yeeeeaaaahhhhhh.

Sorry got carried away there.

Long story short Rios by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Rubberbandits

There is a new place on the top of mulgrave street, I cant think of the name. But they have cracking battered sausages. Donkeys as well obviously, their sausages are fairly unique and 50 cent a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

While its chips are rank, the Lobster Pot aka New York Pizza does a mean battered sausage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

The thing with Rios, is that the batter is too moist! I believe a good battered sausage should be really crunchy! Still I like them though, but not the best

Rios is overrated in my opinion..... Moist batter = Soggy, undercooked batter = Shíte

I've gotten battered cod from there and the batter was mostly too thick so it was moist, soggy and raw...... So more like fish covered in clumps of flour and water...... Very close in texture and appearance to wallpaper paste......

- Also the staff can be pig ignorant if they're busy - hire more staff you cheap cnuts.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

The Yellow Road chipper used to do a great battered sausage. I have not been there in a while though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

head out to Lahinch, Lahinch Fast Foods
    Unreal :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

PJ's Plaice in Thomondgate is awesome for a battered sausage. Also, donkeys is good.

I have to agree with the earlier posts about Rio's. It's overated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

There is a new place on the top of mulgrave street, I cant think of the name. But they have cracking battered sausages. Donkeys as well obviously, their sausages are fairly unique and 50 cent a pop.

"Cheap as Chips" I think you are referring to.
    Not had the sausages there but had chicken & chips and very tasty.
    Very clean also so thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Lobster pot or Slatterys on the Father Russell Road. Yummy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Rio's is a disgrace. their food is rotten and I feel sick everytime I go there. havn't been there in months but I admit their battered sausages are nice. Superdine is a lot better though overall. I can't stand the burgers or the chips in rios.
    Enzo's is pretty good and the yellow road up by the barracks was savage. havn't been there in aaaaages though. there is another place in garryowen there that used to be nice. again havn't been there in a long while. can't remember the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Millie wrote: »
    "Cheap as Chips" I think you are referring to.
    Not had the sausages there but had chicken & chips and very tasty.
    Very clean also so thumbs up from me.

I got some battered sausages in there a few weeks ago and the grease was driping out of them, I'm also not a big fan of there burgers, but the rest of the food I had in there was great and as the poster above said it is very clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

TheLoc wrote: »
    there is another place in garryowen there that used to be nice. again havn't been there in a long while. can't remember the name of it.

It's called Fusco's, next to The Track bar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's called Fusco's, next to The Track bar.
    Yep fusco's thats it. not a bad spot from what I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Been to Mama's in Nenagh! Fecking huge battered sausage!!Way nicer than any i have had in Limerick

(waits for ardscoilris to appear)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

In Limerick Donkeys Yellow road and Rios have excellent ones best though Kettle Of Fish in Gort in Galway fantastic great fresh battered chicken goujons too :)

Advertisement