Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best LC past papers - EDCO, Folens?

Options
  • 18-01-2009 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Which publisher produces the best book of past papers for Maths in your opinion and why?

I would like to get one with the answers and ideally the fully worked out solutions.

The EdCo one seems to have all the answers, plus links to the internet for worked out solutions.

THe FOlens one seems to just be the exam paper, and nothing more.

Yet someone told me the Folens one is more popular, so I am confused.

Which would you recommend?

Also, anyone used the Celtic Press book with all the maths papers and full solutions - if so, any good?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

For Maths, I'd go with Edco. Worked out solutions to all questions online.
    Maybe Folens is more popular for other subjects as their ones include an index of which topics appeared in which year? Which is obviously redundant enough for Maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I'd go with EDCO, but if its printed on kinda glossy paper go with the other one, glossy paper is a pain in the hole!

They're the same - after all they both contain the same exam papers. You can always get answers and solutions to the problems on examinations.ie, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭eamonn4321

Thanks for the responses.

Good point JammyDodger, but, is it just me or is it a pain to navigate examinations.ie to locate and download each paper, and likewise each set of solutions?

Or is there an easier way to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Anything that isn't Mentor

• Advertisement

eamonn4321 wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses.

Good point JammyDodger, but, is it just me or is it a pain to navigate examinations.ie to locate and download each paper, and likewise each set of solutions?

Or is there an easier way to do this?

Yah, it is pretty awkward alright. It gets annoying if you're doing questions off a good few different papers; but it's better than nothing really. They should make the system more "user friendly", though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I always found EDCO ones better. The few pages of exam guidelines and tips at the front were actually quite useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

eamonn4321 wrote: »
    I agree...

EDCO are definately the best...
    The online solutions are good and easy to follow.

Tips at the start are handy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭eamonn4321

Thanks all - have bought the edco ones.

Also picked up the leavingcertsolutions.com book by the Ballinteer inst, which has all LC papers and solutions (higher). Pricey but good.

Advertisement