Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Open Market Selling Price-Where do they get the figures?

Options
  • 18-01-2009 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

I've just brought back a car from the UK. Now the price quoted on Revenue's website for VRT is in my opinion and the current market climate in Ireland for the vehicle I've brought in is a mile off. How do revenue calculate the OMSP and how often does it change with the current car market knocking anything up to 5 grand off prices that were advertised before christmas on most vehicles?
    Is it a dlibarate move to try a stop people importing cars from the UK that the OMSP is over valued on Revenue.ie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

SIMI OMSP figures is the source and personally i have always thought the prices were way to high always never mind now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

this is the sophisticated tool they use
    Zylinder.jpg

Enter a few random numbers ...make a draw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

SIMI OMSP figures is the source and personally i have always thought the prices were way to high always never mind now.

Oh I totally agree and those four letters that you use stand for so many things....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭LoveDucati2

peasant wrote: »
    this is the sophisticated tool they use
    Zylinder.jpg

Enter a few random numbers ...make a draw :D

:D:D
    Brilliant

But seriously, Brian Cowen bends over and ......

they might as well put it out of his ar5e;)

Advertisement