Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Original Xbox games - where?

• 18-01-2009 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where I can pick up games for the original Xbox in Dublin or Cork? I don't want to order over the internet, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

in dublin, you can get xbox games in gamestop on henry street, game on dawson street and game exchange on talbot street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

You looking for any in particular? I have a few lying around, all in good nick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You'll only get second hand at this stage. Xtravision, Smyths, GAME and Gamestop should have some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Gamestop on henry street have them down the back on the top floor. Pretty much all a fiver and buy 1 get 1 free

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Gamestop on henry street have them down the back on the top floor. Pretty much all a fiver and buy 1 get 1 free

they're all now 2.99, buy one get one free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭dunie001

You'd be doing well to find any anywhere!!!

I was looking for an original xbox game a while ago and I couldn't find one regular store in Sligo, Galway, Limerick or Enniskillen that stocked any.

I started to give up until I stumbled upon a second hand store in Enniskillen.

I'm afraid that it's impossible to get any NEW xbox original games anymore. The only ones you'll find are second hand ones...and even then they are very rare.

Surprisingly, they're still making new PS2 games!!! I can't understand why xbox suddenly decided to stop making them...makes no sense to me anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I've about 10 games lying around I'd like to get rid of. You could have them for €20 if you like. I'll even post them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭dunie001

what games are they???

I'm only interested in first person shoot-ups with split-screen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

dunie001 wrote: »
    Surprisingly, they're still making new PS2 games!!! I can't understand why xbox suddenly decided to stop making them...makes no sense to me anyway!

I think (not definite though) that MS had some sort of disagreement with nvidia, who made the xbox's gfx card (as opposed to ati in the 360), and they said they'd stop producing them and this was one of the reasons they rushed the 360 out sooner than originally planned.

Not sure of this but I think I heard somthing along those lines a while back.

dunie001 wrote: »

that does make sense, since the ps2 is still in production and being sold, as opposed to the xbox no longer being sold. also, microsoft want you to buy original games over xbox live, not in the shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I think (not definite though) that MS had some sort of disagreement with nvidia, who made the xbox's gfx card (as opposed to ati in the 360), and they said they'd stop producing them and this was one of the reasons they rushed the 360 out sooner than originally planned.

Not sure of this but I think I heard somthing along those lines a while back.

Microsoft where loosing too much on the cost of making the original xbox hard drive was costing them a bomb. Never heard the graphics chip thing but maby someone who knows full story can correct me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Anyone got the game Black for the xbox.

Been looking for it for ages :D

I've an ad up on adverts.ie aswell.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Black is one of the Xbox Originals up on marketplace for the 360 if you fancy that route.

Anyone got the game Black for the xbox.

Been looking for it for ages :D

I've an ad up on adverts.ie aswell.

Thanks.

i picked this up in gamestop lately on henry street, pretty cheap. if you ask upstairs they might have more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Redlion wrote: »
    i picked this up in gamestop lately on henry street, pretty cheap. if you ask upstairs they might have more

Thanks Redlion, I'll check that out.

Was going to buy from ebay, but some of the postage charges that sellers are asking to post to Eire are crazy :mad:

Thanks Redlion, I'll check that out.

Was going to buy from ebay, but some of the postage charges that sellers are asking to post to Eire are crazy :mad:

also you can completely trust gamestop, ebay just seems a bit dodgey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My local gamestop has been destroying all their original xbox stock because it takes up valuable retail space and it costs too much to send to another store!

AdMMM wrote: »
    My local gamestop has been destroying all their original xbox stock because it takes up valuable retail space and it costs too much to send to another store!

apparently, they had a ton out in their warehouse and it all just ended up in a skip, gamecube games too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

cash converters on mccurtain street in Cork always have some xbox games in stock. the quality of the selection can vary, sometimes you'll be very lucky, other times, all they'll have is Tiger woods 2003!

last i saw, they had a mint looking copy of Fable for 5 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Westdogg

Hey carlcon. I'm one of the stoneage folk who still have an Xbox. I'd be interested in your games if you still have them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

if anyone had tourino (the old winter olympics game) id be intrested in it! havent seen it anywhere!

or if they no bout them gameshops in dublin? are they still sellin xbox games? do they have a website i can check stock on? cause im headin down to dublin next weekend and wouldnt mind lookin for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I went into the game store on Henry street to the XBox section upstairs (had never been up there before, didn't realise they continued the PC game section there).

Anyway, feck all in the XBox section - loads of copies of two football games (sorry, can't remember the name) and "Splinter Cell". When I say loads, they must have 50, up to as much as 100, copies of each game.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Westdogg

Yup. Have to agree with Ocean club there. I went in too at the weekend and unless you want a copy (or 100) of Aston Villa Club Soccer, Fifa 2004, Glasgow Rangers football manager or something equally terrible (They have Prince of Persia if you ask behind the counter), you are **** outta luck. I did stumble upon this website www.gamesnash.com which still sells xbox games and they are cheap and based in Ireland. Other than that, I think the second hand and freebie websites are your only hope!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

There is a shop on the Bus Eireann end of Talbert street that still has a "good" selection or the sole reason that they are look for 35e+ for each game?!?!?

Have a look at GameStation , I've picked up some old console that last few times I've been in the UK, they will deliver games to Ireland for 5e iirc.

Edit:

Gamestation now ship to Ireland
    Hi I noticed some confusion on the boards about Gamestation.

Gamestation DO now ship to Ireland - It is an additional £2.95 or roughly 3.39 Euro's

You can order anything you want with the exception of consoles - sorry these are just too heavy.

Gamestation have some fantastic offers this Xmas on games so feel free to head over.

www.gamestation.co.uk

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055436623

Advertisement