Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toilet and drainage to back of house

Options
  • 18-01-2009 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi i have a major headache at the moment i am recently after buildin a shed.I put a toilet pipe in the floor before i poured concrete and i need to connect it to a main drain now. the way my house is designed the main drain is out front of house but toilets flow into ajs out the back of house, but there is no slot to fit into any of the 3 ajs so does anyone suggest how i can fit this toilet or wat i must do. now i also wanna do drainage for the water from the gutters, can anyone please suggest how i may do this and how much it might cost to get a contractor to carry out this work for me, i would appreciate replies on this
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

will the pipe be used as a toilet from the shed or just for
    'grey water' such as washing machine or sink?if its for toilet
    then it should be connected into an aj or line between aj's
    (entering the flow of the line at the proper level).are the ajs in the footpath? if this is the case i would recommend that you get someone in to do the connection for you....hard to determine a price until the variables such as labor and materials are known....but perhaps you could offset some of the cost by doing some of the labor in advance of the connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tobinj6

dardevle wrote: »
    will the pipe be used as a toilet from the shed or just for
    'grey water' such as washing machine or sink?if its for toilet
    then it should be connected into an aj or line between aj's
    (entering the flow of the line at the proper level).are the ajs in the footpath? if this is the case i would recommend that you get someone in to do the connection for you....hard to determine a price until the variables such as labor and materials are known....but perhaps you could offset some of the cost by doing some of the labor in advance of the connection.

yes there will be a toilet in the shed the only thing is i could dig the trench out myself and all that but i wonder could i join the drain pipe into the same pipe so i could drain the water from gutters and toilet together, if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭willbur

its hard in this instance to tell you what to do without seeing the lay of the land ps have sent you a pm :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

tobinj6 wrote: »
    yes there will be a toilet in the shed the only thing is i could dig the trench out myself and all that but i wonder could i join the drain pipe into the same pipe so i could drain the water from gutters and toilet together, if possible

if you intend on joining the downpipe into the sewer make sure that the gully is trapped to prevent smells emanating from the gully:(.while it is not best practice to have surface water running in sewer line if there is a dedicated surface water drain in place...sometimes when faced with a more costly or labor intensive alternative, it has been known to occour;)

Advertisement