Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dark Sector

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I played it and finished it, and i cant recommend it at all...

Its just a very average game tbh...

Check online reviews about it anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I bought it from play for 9.99 last week. Played about 4 levels in. its very inconsistent,sometimes i thinks its a little gem but most of the time its just seems rushed ,the mele combat is terrible and you often have to use it cus these stooooopid zombie things run at you . Its worth a play but dont pay more then a tenner for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

CKWPORT wrote: »
    I played it and finished it, and i cant recommend it at all...

Seconded!

Pretty poor all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I rented it and thought it was pretty good, 6 or 7 outta 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Got stuck at the part where you fight the invisible monster in the sewer and never bothered finishing it.

It's mediocre at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Ah sure for 6 quid, how can you go wrong. Ordered it last night, reviews seem alright. Have to many games to get through so wont be lashing it out of it just yet.

Go ti t in the post yesterday. The game in places is good. But there are one or two bits in it (so far) that are annoying me. The level where you had to throw the glaive over to fence to open the gate! Took me ages to do it. Never seemed to hit it!
    Now Im stuck where there is a kind of an alien thing over a gate, now I know you burn these off, but the flame is miles away and always goes out by the time I get there. It's on the graveyard level, capter 4 or 5.
    Any ideas fellas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Got it yesterday too, just played the first level.

Looks pretty shiity so far tbh lol, but for a fiver its ok. The camera angle is very irritating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

nicklauski wrote: »
    Go ti t in the post yesterday. The game in places is good. But there are one or two bits in it (so far) that are annoying me. The level where you had to throw the glaive over to fence to open the gate! Took me ages to do it. Never seemed to hit it!
    Now Im stuck where there is a kind of an alien thing over a gate, now I know you burn these off, but the flame is miles away and always goes out by the time I get there. It's on the graveyard level, capter 4 or 5.
    Any ideas fellas?

When youre running around the big pit thing to the gate look up, There are 1 or 2 torches there you can light.

Got the game in zavvi for 4.80.... the glaive is cool, not the worst game ive played. Multiplayer is shockingly bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Terrible game! Dont buy it! Ya could get better games with the €10/5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Played to the point your talking about......by that time i was on my last legs with it,and then that finaly pissed me off bad enough to trade it in. PAID a tenner and got 17 for it in game. sweet got cod waw instead yeah.

It just smaks of a game that started off with good ideas and then it went off on a tangent,poor stiff gameplay and awful frustrating mele combat. theres also sections where they try and test your nerves by putting you in the middle of a fire fight and getting zombies to run at you from behind and dudes with shields and axes to run at you from the front.

1/10

Korvanica wrote: »
    When youre running around the big pit thing to the gate look up, There are 1 or 2 torches there you can light.

Got the game in zavvi for 4.80.... the glaive is cool, not the worst game ive played. Multiplayer is shockingly bad!
    Cheers. Will chance it tonight.
    Yeah the glaive is by far the best thing in it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Game gets quite difficult at later parts, not a really great game, would be nothing appart from the main feature i.e the glave throwing, made by the guys who made a pritty poor game called Pariah a few years ago, bland enough, worth a few quid I suppose, but not great overall

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Anyone know how much you get for this if you trade it into gamestop? Anyone done it recently? I might trade it in if I get a decent profit on it.

Maybe a euro - maybe less?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I know this game has gotten mixed reviews, but Play.com have it on offer for €6.49 delivered. Can't argue with that!! I've ordered mine!!

Linkys......... http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/1107279/Dark-Sector/Product.html

Advertisement