Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Room on my Tom Tom GO 720 for Florida Map

Options
  • 18-01-2009 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

:confused:Hi Guys

Probably silly questions but: -

I own a Tom Tom Go 720 which I love and have used it in Ireland, the UK & Spain with very few problems.

I'm off to Floriday in a couple of weeks and tonight, when I attempted to buy a map of the South East States for €34 I was told that my 720 didn't have enough space.

My options were to buy a 2GB Memory Card or Tom Tom Home would remove my European map to make room. I discovered that the card slot on the bottom of my 720 only held a blank plastic filler. (I always assumed that it was a memory card)

So, will any 2GB Memory Card fit and do the job?

If I use a memory card, will both the USA maps & the European maps be available to me at all times??

If I allow TT Home to take off the Europe map I'm guessing that it will store it on my laptop and that I can reverse the maps when I get back from the USA and any time that I want to after that??

Thanks in advance

Gerry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

download the us maps to your desktop.....

then backup your existing maps to the desktop

then REPLACE the uk maps with the us ones and then when you get back,, replace us with uk.....simple

( but the important step in all of this is that you have backed up your UK maps

going forward
    consider igo 8, from nav n go......its serious s..........t !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 a bald bloke

I have the same model, a standard sd card is all you need, they are pretty
    cheap, it's well worth getting it so that you don't have to faff about with
    changing the maps on the unit itself.

It's also really handy for storing audio books and music on for long trips

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

i had the exact same prob and had to store the original map on my lap top then put the florida map on the tom tom then reverse it when i came home

btw if you get a chance drive down the florida keys if you havnt before its well worth it esp key west its a great spot:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭gerrymadden1

Hi Guys

You've solved my problem. Thanks for taking the time.

Florida here I come!!!

:D

Gerry

Advertisement