Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problems with a gas fire any help

• 18-01-2009 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

gas fire keeps going out + low pilot flame
    hadent used my gas fire for a while and when i light it the flame goes out after a while i know there is a termo unit to keep the gas flowing, but i cleaned this with some light fileing. the flame from the pilot stays on when the fire is set to low but then turns off when heat is turned up. i noticed that the flame from the pilot is lower then i remember. i noticed the flame from pilot does not always pass over the sensor, that is why i think the flame needs to be adjusted. i wonder is there a handy way of turning up the flow of flame to the pilot. the reson we had the gas fire fitted is that there was too much wind comming down the chimminy causing the room to fill with smoke. any help would be great this is a double post as i didnt think it was in the right place

Comments

There is no adjustment for pilot gas, a fire tends to draw in lent(fine dust) from the room and this coats the fire in time, it can effect the pilot in the manor you have described, this can also lead to the fire sooting and carbon monoxide (in extreme cases, but more common than it should be) i would have it serviced and the gas supply could be checked also to confirm the gas pressure has not reduced, Gary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

There may be a small valve along the gas pipe close to the fire - check that this hasn't been accidentally closed to some extent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭freebird23

read someware that the pilot has a inlet for air that can become blocked, so i sprayd wd40 down the pilot as i had read thats what to do. the lack of air affects the flame causing it to burn low and the pilot has a oxygen depletion sensor. so i spratd the pilot and did see the spray come trough and un block. after lighting pilot i burned a much bigger flame nicly passing the termocouple, but i think i have sprayd to much wd40 and maby blocked the valve as no gaS comes out from the pilot at all but will come from the burner im wondering if i could have lowerd the pilot flame buy cleaning around the unit. anybody know if the pilot on a caribbean glow radiant hotbox gas fire can be adjusted. thanks for the replys
    cheers

I'd quit while your head;) and get it serviced, you clean out a pilot by striping it down and blowing out the injector, the injector is a very small hole and i wouldn't be putting wd40 near it. Gary.

Advertisement