Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star G36k

Options
  • 18-01-2009 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Had this a while and brought it up to HRTA just before x-mas and the bloody thing wasn't working (Guess is hould have really checked it first) and the bbs just fell out .... to cut a long story short i pulled it apart tonight and found the gears had stripped, what do reckon would i be better off buying new gears or should i just pick up a whol new JG Gear box??

When i looked on t'interweb gears seem to about $40 or so and JG box don't seem all that much more expensive??

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

My brothers star g36 shat itself so I eventualy got annoyed and stuffed the gearbox off my JG into it and worked a charm :D its only a tiny difference in the ROF and if it means that much to you could stick in a G&P M120 to make up the difference but I hardly see the point

Btw this was like a year ago so they may have improved the ROF on the JG gearbox since then no idea tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

It might not feed on a complete JG gearbox, you might need the STAR air nozzle, and if your gonna have to strip both to switch parts over you might aswell just replace the gears in the STAR, the box itself is a good quality one and it has the fancy quick change spring and all.,

Nah it'll work grand atleast mine did

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Yours still missfed like a bastid and was under powered.,:p

It didnt miss fire and it was leak in the gearbox :P also at this stage probably needs a new spring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

cheers lad, might go ahead and order the new gears then and see how we roll.

Advertisement