Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asian food store?

Options
  • 19-01-2009 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

I've run out of some of my curry spices...

Is there an Asian food store in Galway? Or a store that would sell black onion seeds, lime leaves, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bearclaire

Xiney wrote: »
    I've run out of some of my curry spices...

Is there an Asian food store in Galway? Or a store that would sell black onion seeds, lime leaves, etc?

opposite westside, where aldi is the far end of the parade from aldi
    theres a wonderful asian shop there and there not really expensive either
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

+1
    The lads in there are really sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Dominick st near roisin. also between cps and subway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dockfive

There is also a new one beside the Terryland fruit and veg shop in Terryland shopping centre. I think its called Bombay Bazzar, not 100% on the name though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Dockfive wrote: »
    There is also a new one beside the Terryland fruit and veg shop in Terryland shopping centre. I think its called Bombay Bazzar, not 100% on the name though.
    Just discovered that place yesterday. Very reasonable prices and great selection stuff including lots of vegetable that I have never seen before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

'The Mediteranean shop' slightly misleading name as is really and Asian/North african? shop ( opposite Westside (near the new off licence), is a great shop good selection, cheap and people in there are great. If you dont see stuff ask as they have things like Kaffir Lime leaves behind the counter in a big bag

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

wow, excellent, plenty of places to choose from.

I think I'll check out the bombay bazaar, it's the easiest for me to get to. But I'll also have a look at the place in westside this week, since I have to go down to NUIG on Wednesday anyway.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Yeah, do, remember there are two opposite Westside as mentioned (people often go to one thinking it is the other) - the Mediterranean shop opposite the football pitch, and the other place near Aldi :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Yusuf Mirza

Hay guys do you know there is a great Halal Restsurant and Take Away on the East side near the N17 Electrical Store. They are open at lunch also and they are starting a Deli counter there. The place is called HALDI :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

inisboffin wrote: »
    Yeah, do, remember there are two opposite Westside as mentioned (people often go to one thinking it is the other) - the Mediterranean shop opposite the football pitch, and the other place near Aldi :)
    Hmmm.

I've never been to either one... oh well :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement