Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Internet Connection on iPhone

• 19-01-2009 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

is there anyway I can access the internet on my iPhone through my laptop's broadband connection? i.e. by setting up a laptop > iPhone wireless connection?

I'm at a uni so I only have cable internet access and want to play with my iPhone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

If you have a Mac with Airport you can easily share the ethernet connection over wifi - go into system preferences -> Sharing. With a windows machine, it's a little trickier - involves setting up an 'ad-hoc' network, which I've never done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Fruit1985

It's WIndows XP, none of the tutorials on ad hoc networks seem to work though that I can find online.

I'm proper upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

If I assume that you have jailbroken the phone, then you can download PdaNet through Cydia and the accompanying XP desktop manager from here. This works as either a wired connection via your usb charger cable to your laptop or wireless with wifi. I have found the wired connection to work first time, when like you, I couldn't get the "ad-hoc" connection to work with any previous software.

Advertisement