Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

renaming files and id3 tags in bulk

• 19-01-2009 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I've got a folder full of music. Each file is named
    artist - song title.mp3

The ID3 tags on them all are complete nonsense and messed up. I'd like to clear all the ID3 tags and replace the artist and song title bits in the ID3 tags with the bits from the file name.

That's all I want to do, it sounds so simple .. but to do it manually will kill me.

Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Take a look at Media Monkey. Should do exactly what you need and more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

mp3tag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

kaimera wrote: »
    mp3tag
    That looks like it could do the job but all I can find is a way to change the file names based on the tags. I want to change the tags based on the filename.

Have you done it yourself? Can you help out?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Actually scrap that, found it. Bloody heck this is a sweet program!

Thanks for your suggestion too JDxtra but I'm gonna go with mp3tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

you can batch rename as well..select all yer files then right click and 'filename to tag' or something I think.

it auto saves the tag when it moves to the next file. handy indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

imho you just can't beat mp3 tag&rename, but unfortunately it's shareware, but one of the few apps out there actually worth paying for if you have a large disorganised mp3 collection and it's free to try for 30 days or something like that.

custom file to tag </> ta to file and every combination thereof you can think of as well as searching and bulk renaming for album and track names via online music resources like amazon and others is a really handy feature too which can speed things up no end and will have you renaming and tagging most albums in a few seconds.

Advertisement