Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a used car- NCT confusion

Options
  • 19-01-2009 12:51am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seen a 2003 car on Autotrader while doing my daily trailing for my dream (cheap) first car as "NCT-ed until March 2011."
    How can that be; I thought you could only NCT every two years? Wouldn't you have to NCT the car this March to get that. Either (a) it's a typo, (b) a lie or there is a way to NCT a car until 03/2011 and I'm just too dense about cars to realise. (I call this 'secret option (c)' like in the Carlsberg ads)

Thanks all. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,002 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can do your first NCT up to 6 months early (and get an up to 30 month cert) and further NCTs 3 months early (and get a 27 month cert).

So that NCT could very possibly be real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

If you have any doubts, call 1890 412 413 in the morning and give them the reg number of the car. This is the NCT booking line, they can tell you the NCT status of the car and when it was last NCT'd, when it is due next, etc... You just need the name & address of the registered owner though...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

3 months early.. interesting.. :cool:

Advertisement