Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever seen Monty Python's Parrot sketch?

Options
2»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I can see the entire editing history of any post in any thread so I can compare before and afters. If you provide me with links I can have a look.

A moderator should remove offensive material but not add to the post in general and certainly should not significantly alter the meaning of the post.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Is this a serious complaint or are you guys wasting my freakin' time?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Here's the post Dev

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58558639&postcount=33

Judging from the OPs reaction when he saw his post was edited, he didn't take to it too kindly

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58658059&postcount=35

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

so it is serious then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,435 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

DeVore wrote: »
    Is this a serious complaint or are you guys wasting my freakin' time?

DeV.

We're wasting your time, the OP is serious.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

I'm not sure I took it all as tongue in cheek?

Flukey originally posted this thread in the Gaa forum so I thought it was a joke?:confused:

I still believe though that Blackbelt edited the post as a joke, not in a malicious way.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Flukey wrote:
    Have you ever seen Monty Python's Parrot sketch?

That tribe they recently discovered in the Amazon have seen the Monty Python Parrot sketch.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 235 ✭✭Mullet

I have spoken to the mod in question when he told me what he had done. I told him i was not impressed with him editing my post. As far as i am concerned the subject is now closed.

Fine, I'll close this thread then.

Mods should not add to a post under normal circumstances and certainly not embarrass a genuine user. I used to do this on spam accounts for my own amusement in the past but I dont even do that any more. Its not on when the person is not a problem user, thats abuse of mod powers.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement