Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM - how long for transaction to appear?

Options
  • 19-01-2009 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭

On Sunday the 11th Jan, I withdrew €100 from an ATM machine (free standing) in a local shop. Today, 19th Jan, the money has still to deducted from my account!
    How long must one wait?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i assume you mean on a debit card, since i think credit card payments are immediate.,

id expect to see it within 2 or 3 days. Ive had money taken out over the weekend that showed up on the monday.

are you thinking you got free money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

samhail wrote: »
    i assume you mean on a debit card, since i think credit card payments are immediate.

ATM withdrawls should post at the same rate, irrespective of card type.
    samhail wrote: »
    id expect to see it within 2 or 3 days. Ive had money taken out over the weekend that showed up on the monday.

are you thinking you got free money :)

Yeah 2/3 days max in normal circumstances, somethnig has delayed it, becarfull you do not go over you limit and take the money out again, thye don't care about things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Just checked, the money is still not out. It was just a laser card withdrawal.........and yes I'm having some early thoughts of "free money" but doubt it.:)

Will keep you updated

As of today, no money has been taken out.

lucky you :)

if it were me i would consider putting in a query about it (dont know if i would query it ! but i would considering it :))
    like lets say your skint in 2 weeks time and they decide that they have found the transaction and charge you, will put your account into negative (so interest&bad mark on your account).

• Advertisement

Just had brain wave, did I use my Visa card by mistake instead of the bank card?

Yes I did..........prat:D

i dont know what to reply that wont get me banned from this board ... ;) *joke*

Advertisement