Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one had gastric band surgery in Brussels

Options
  • 19-01-2009 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I would love to hear from anybody who has had gastric band

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

pm sent

one of my family members had it done last august 12 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 thosmc

Yes I had it done in Brussels in 07.
    Never looked back 12.5 stone down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 luckyl

Hi Thosmc,

Can you tell me some more info aobut it? I'm seriously considering having it done. What was your BMI? I've very interested in hearing more about it before i make my decision. I've nervous about it. I've struggled with my weight for as long as i can rembember back. I've tried every diet in the book and would have success with them for a while but all the weight i'd loose would creap back on within a few mounths. i'm not at my heaviest and i'm afraid if i dont do something about it now i wont live to see my family grow up.

I would really appreciate any info/advice etc u can give me.

Thanks.

Hello Lucky
    I had my band in Belgium in july 07.I flew out from Dublin on the 6th and was back home on the 8th.The whole experience for me was very positive and I could not fault the Team or the facilities.I have had no real problems and the weight loss has been steady and I have no regrets whatsoever.I would reccomend it to anybody.I felt the same as yourself about not seeing my kids grow up and I have been a dieter all my adult life.
    I would encourage you to look up <SNIP PLEASE DO NOT NAME PROFESSIONALS OR COMPANIES>who did my surgery in belgium.(google his website)
    I think you have to be in a certain frame of mind to be ready for this and regarding my bmi Im not sure but I was 26.5 stone and 5ft.5in so I think youll agree I was pretty bad.Now at 14st.I feel 15 years younger and finally I have hope for the future.
    Best of luck whatever you decide.
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Before you undertake this major operation have you looked at why dieting has failed? It is still possible to put weight back on after having a gastric band. Have you looked into the effect of this surgery on your quality of life afterwards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

just a reminder - please don't name any companies in this thread, and thank you for not doing so already.

My quailty of life is fine thank you very much .
    As I said im my earlier post I have dieted all my adult life and the reasons why it didn,t work for me do not concern me any more .I am not on comission for reccomending the surgery route to anyone.The question was asked and i gave an honest answer.
    My weight is fine now ,Ive suffered no ill effects from the surgery and it was the right choice for me thats all im saying.

Advertisement