Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell prices

Options
  • 19-01-2009 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Just checking this out

the same laptop from dell, Insipon 1525

on www.dell.ie its €529

on www.dell.co.uk its £379 which is about €422 at current exchange rates

thats a difference over over €100 for the same laptop being produces from the same factory. theres no way VAT rate differences between the UK and Ireland can explain away €100 in the difference.

am i missing some thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ZygOte wrote: »
    am i missing some thing?
    You sure are, when I was in first year in school our commerce teacher taught is that the primary goal of a business is to maximise their profits.

They sell at prices the market will pay, otherwise they would have to charge less. Why do apple have lower RRPs in the US than here, why does the US levis store charge less there too.

If every store in Ireland was selling laptops to customers at €529 then WTF would you sell it for less if you can get what all the other shops get?

I would recommend looking at UK stores who might deliver here, if that is the going rate in the UK then order from there.

Advertisement