Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun clubs in Meath

Options
  • 19-01-2009 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone know of a gun club in Meath that is open to new members.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Gun club as in target shooting or gun club as in hunting?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

As in hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

i can tell ya now mate most of them are hard to get in to unless ya know people ,i live in meath and i ended up joining courtlough ,less politics

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

donmaga1 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone know of a gun club in Meath that is open to new members.

Most gun clubs are parish based so you need to contact your local club to start with. You can usually see the signs up on poles or trees around the area "XYZ Gun Club, Lands Preserved" - find out who the secretary is and apply to join.

I am Navan and there is no local club in the town. There are a couple of clubs around the area. I have been told that some clubs have a waiting list and you have to be from the area.

• Advertisement

The couple I tried around south Meath are all closed to new members. Much as I tried I kept getting the runaround.

I suppose I'll stick to target shooting! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

The couple I tried around south Meath are all closed to new members. Much as I tried I kept getting the runaround.

I suppose I'll stick to target shooting! :rolleyes:

ring andrew dillion of the nargc he is in charge of the meath region havnt got his number but if you go on the nargc web site email them he will give you all the info,he is sick of closed shops

Thanks Meathshooter, will give this a try!

Thanks Meathshooter, I will give them a call in the morning.

I am Navan and there is no local club in the town. There are a couple of clubs around the area. I have been told that some clubs have a waiting list and you have to be from the area.

Your local club would be Ardbraccan and there are quite a lot of townspeople in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

A friend of mine joined Agher Gun Club last year, I think they are still open for new membership. They are based between Summerhill and Kilcock.

Was told Ardbraccan has a 2 year waiting list. Cant get any phone numbers for any one from Ardbraccan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

The club I'm in accepts new members on two conditions :
    1) You live in the townland. You do NOT have to be from the parish.
    2) You're of good character : this means some of the lads know you as a sound skin and sound references that you're not a disqualified person.

Was told Ardbraccan has a 2 year waiting list. Cant get any phone numbers for any one from Ardbraccan.

Call into Clarkes Sportsden in Navan and ask Simon does he have contact details fro the sec or contact the NARGC and ask them for the secs details.

Advertisement