Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zyxel - a difficult problem for you to solve!

Options
  • 19-01-2009 2:52am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Zyxel P660 - firstly used with perlico but I have produced the same results on a Smart connection too.

Connects fine by ethernet but when a connection is made to the wireless network the connection to the ethernet pc begins to deteriorate but in a strange sort of way.

For example to try and establish when the ethernet might disconnect after the wireless connection had been made I had rte streaming but the stream didn't stop. Also with several tabs open in the browser one tab stayed working to a degree but the others wouldnt! dhcp is working fine - can see the attached pc and laptop in the router and their ip addresses.

Its like as if the 'tube' feeding the ethernet connection begins to narrow as the wireless connection is made.

Two wireless connections seemed to work fine too.

I reset the router to factory settings but that made no impact at all. Anyone any suggestions?

It maybe just a faulty router!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

MTU mismatch between the Wireless LAN and the WAN

telnet to the router , enter password

option 24

option 8

type this at the prompt , is there any mismatch between the values ??

ip ifconfig

(I think 1440 is what is set but 1460 may be the correct one )

Advertisement