Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Low mileage my hole!!

Options
  • 19-01-2009 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volvo/V70/2.5-10V/200840190228639/advert

Was talking to a lad who knows the dealer this evening. He's even thought of respraying it to shift it. He can't see the appeal. I've sat into it on the forecourt and with a valet I'd love to have it...however...22 3 years named driving would screw me on insurance:(

I'd nearly offer €3k if I had it and see what he said, judging from the conversation I had, he'd do anything to shift that particular car...I think it just need a decent valet, wax and polish, possibly an alloy refurb.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

ninty9er wrote: »

Was talking to a lad who knows the dealer this evening. He's even thought of respraying it to shift it. He can't see the appeal. I've sat into it on the forecourt and with a valet I'd love to have it...however...22 3 years named driving would screw me on insurance:(

I'd nearly offer €3k if I had it and see what he said, judging from the conversation I had, he'd do anything to shift that particular car...I think it just need a decent valet, wax and polish, possibly an alloy refurb.

3k might be a bit generous in the current climate lol, but if he bites go for it! Not my cup of tea however!.... ontop of the insurance it'll be 900ish a year to tax!

Why are you getting insured named driver?? Can't be that much difference in your own policy at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

3k might be a bit generous in the current climate lol, but if he bites go for it! Not my cup of tea however!.... ontop of the insurance it'll be 900ish a year to tax!

Why are you getting insured named driver?? Can't be that much difference in your own policy at this stage?

€400 in my pocket is better than in an insurance company's, and I've got the legalities covered. Though depending on the cost, I'll get my own this year.

I don't mid the tax so much, the insurance would be close to if not more than €2k, and I earn €100 a week

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A lot of car for the money, with massive performance, but it'll have prohibitively high running costs.

Stick with your Astra ninety9er

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Theres a 99 2.3 for sale on adverts.ie for about two months now. seller has been looking for 1k for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Theres a 99 2.3 for sale on adverts.ie for about two months now. seller has been looking for 1k for it.

Something about that one seems dodgey, hasnt been driven in 6 months, needs work and the seller didnt even bother to dust the thing!

Tis a lovely car btw, the insurance will kill you though. I'm thinking of upgrading to a 940 at the end of the year, 2.3 petrol. Not the same performance of course but maybe a stepping stone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

nothing dodgy from the phone call I had with the guy whos selling, says they were trying make space, 150,000 miles on the clock. Its a one owner car with a fully stamped service history, it was a trade in from bolands who are the main volvo dealer in wexford. needed some work but after paying 1k for it you would expect to put a couple back in.

Anyway that ad was locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

nothing dodgy from the phone call I had with the guy whos selling, says they were trying make space, 150,000 miles on the clock. Its a one owner car with a fully stamped service history, it was a trade in from bolands who are the main volvo dealer in wexford. needed some work but after paying 1k for it you would expect to put a couple back in.

Anyway that ad was locked.

Ah ok, I remember it being inactive for a while and mods threatening to have it locked which is also why I thought it was dodge. If its legit then its a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

certainly not worth 5200 thats the reason he cant shift it not the colour, most of the dealers in the south seem to not want to sell cars just brought in an 06 from the north for the same as dealers want for an 04 /05 round me.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

I have my doubts as to whether this is the turbo model or not, have you driven it? By the add the seller doesn't seem too sure what it is heading says 2.5 10v, listed with a 2.4 engine size but it's actually a 2.3 "TWIN" turbo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

While it's not low mileage, it's average. Works out at around 11k a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

ned78 wrote: »
    While it's not low mileage, it's average. Works out at around 11k a year.

+1

In there before me.
    No way is it worth €5200, would be a nice car though if it was alot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

€400 in my pocket is better than in an insurance company's, and I've got the legalities covered. Though depending on the cost, I'll get my own this year.

I don't mid the tax so much, the insurance would be close to if not more than €2k, and I earn €100 a week

Ah but seriously your NCB still stand to ye more, they'll give you **** all for named driver experience, I see where your coming from however, just a friendly bit of advice ;) Heres my own experience:

2005 - 95 1.2 Corsa, 22 M, Provisional, 0 Years NCB - €1995 TPFT Quinn, €280 refund for 6 months insurance after passed test

2006- Aug 2007 Company Van, €0

Aug 2007 - 95 1.6 Primera, 24 M, Full, 1 Year NCB (Company policy not recognised) - €1480 :mad: TPFT Quinn. (€815 for the corsa I got rid off)

Aug 2008 - 95 1.6 Primera, 25 M, Full, 2 Year NCB - €720 Fully Comp - Allianz Broker

As the rest said hang onto the Astra for now! Alot of better metal out there for the money.

€100 a week :eek: I presume your doing some sort of apprenticeship / pro-bono work??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

he'd taking the piss at that price, offer him 2K, he'll prob be glad to be rid

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Crazy price. Anyone thinking of that will automatically be put off. Very very limited market for old 2.4L petrol estate car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

Ah but seriously your NCB still stand to ye more, they'll give you **** all for named driver experience, I see where your coming from however, just a friendly bit of advice ;) Heres my own experience:

I was just checking this one day and I got an identical quote for 3 years named driver experiece as i got for 3 years full licence. I was pleasantly surprised as i have most of my experience as a named driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

cyborg wrote: »
    I have my doubts as to whether this is the turbo model or not, have you driven it? By the add the seller doesn't seem too sure what it is heading says 2.5 10v, listed with a 2.4 engine size but it's actually a 2.3 "TWIN" turbo :rolleyes:

It is the Turbo, in fact it is the fully blown 'R'.

The first reason I can see why he can't shift is not the colour, not even the price is that bad. It is that he has it incorrectly advertised as a 2.5 10V which only has 144bhp. The 'R' is a totally different breed of animal with 250bhp and add to the fact hasn't bothered his arse to take a few pictures of it is another reason.

To be honest, I'm not surprised its been lying around.:rolleyes:

it was a trade in from bolands who are the main volvo dealer in wexford.

Bolands in Wexford aren't a Volvo dealer. The one in Carlow and AutoBoland in Waterford are though.

Sounds like a gorgeous car. The fact that it was one owner and probably Irish makes it sound even more glorious!:eek:

No way it's Irish with that high LK reg.

No way it's Irish with that high LK reg.

I'm referring to another car mentioned earlier on in the thread.;)

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I'm referring to another car mentioned earlier on in the thread.;)

My mistake:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,250 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think I seen that car driving around Limerick city a few years back as a taxi. An old boy was driving it but I cannot be 100% sure if it was the same car though.

Advertisement