Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superbowl 43: Steelers -vs- Cardinals

• 19-01-2009 4:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

steelerscardinalsbf7.png

The Road to Superbowl 43

Pittsburgh Steelers

Regular Season
    HOU 17 @ PIT 38
    PIT 10 @ CLE 6
    PIT 6 @ PHI 15
    BAL 20 @ PIT 23
    PIT 26 @ JAC 21
    PIT 38 @ CIN 10
    NYG 21 @ PIT 14
    PIT 23 @ WAS 6
    IND 24 @ PIT 20
    SD 10 @ PIT 11
    CIN 10 @ PIT 27
    PIT 33 @ NE 10
    DAL 13 @ PIT 20
    PIT 13 @ BAL 9
    PIT 14 @ TEN 31
    CLE 0 @ PIT 31

AFC North Division
    Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4-0)
    Baltimore Ravens (11-5-0)
    Cincinnati Bengals (4-11-1)
    Cleveland Browns (4-12-o)

Postseason
    AFC Divisional: SD 24 @ PIT 35
    AFC Championship: BAL 14 @ PIT 23

Arizona Cardinals

Regular Season
    ARI 23 @ SF 13
    MIA 10 @ ARI 31
    ARI 17 @ WAS 24
    ARI 35 @ NYJ 56
    BUF 17 @ ARI 41
    DAL 24 @ ARI 30
    ARI 23 @ CAR 27
    ARI 34 @ STL 13
    SF 24 @ ARI 29
    ARI 26 @ SEA 20
    NYG 37 @ ARI 29
    ARI 20 @ PHI 48
    STL 10 @ ARI 34
    MIN 35 @ ARI 14
    ARI 7 @ NE 47
    SEA 21 @ ARI 34

NFC West Division
    Arizona Cardinals (9-7-0)
    San Francisco 49ers (7-9-0)
    Seattle Seahawks (4-12-0)
    St. Louis Rams (2-14-0)

Postseason
    NFC Wildcard: ATL 24 @ ARI 30
    NFC Divisional: ARI 33 @ CAR 13
    NFC Championship: PHI 25 @ ARI 32

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

My God your fast...

Steelers to take this for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Frisbee wrote: »
    My God your fast...

Steelers to take this for me

Had to do something during that injury.... :p I made that image myself, Ill replace with the NFL.com image when they have it up on the site.

Still sticking with the Steelers for this one - will earn me a nice bit of cash too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭titans

GO CARDS!

arizonacardinalsnews-796843.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Sydney Steelers

Cards are GAY

GO STEELERS

SteelersGirl2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Scootay

Woo Hoo! Back in the late 80's my cousins from Phoenix sent me a Cardinals t-shirt thus condemning me to two decades of disappointment before, finally, a Superbowl to look forward to.

Let's go Cards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Let's go cards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I have a funny feeling the Cards might do this. Warner could thread a needle the way he's been playing recently, and I think the WR's are of the quality that the Chargers and Ravens haven't had this year.
    This'll be offense vs defense, but the Steelers Offense hasn't been out of this world, meanwhile their defense is beatable. Tennesse, and the Colts have found a way around it this season (not to mention the Eagles, The Cards conquerees last night).

The Steelers probably will win, but I'm going to stick my neck out and go with the Arizona Cardinals for the Superbowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 chelsey

The Cardinals will win this, no doubt. Its like the Pats last year, everyone thought it was a shoe in for them to win, because they knew they were going to and so did everyone else.

The underdogs will take this home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I just hope the Cardinals win. Steelers might prove too strong for them, but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

I don't want to see the Steelers win this one but if they do then at the very least i hope they win it fair and square. Not by purely relying on dubious refereeing calls to see them through, like the great robbery of SuperBowl XL. Pass interference my bollox....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Think the Steelers are too strong but who knows. Would be great to see Cardinals win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

would i be right in saying that kick off is 11pm Irish time as it's scheduled to kick off at 6pm ET in the US?
    I may book the day off work stayed up last year and was in bits going to work on the monday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

have a feeling that the Cards could cause a massive upset here and be only the 2nd team(i think) this season to get 300 yards on the Steelers.

Dont think the defense will be as dominating as before.No bad weather and Warner in great form.

Would love to see the Cardinals win it.

I think it'll come down to who wants it more. The Cardinals. Pittsburg has won the Superbowl numerous times, the Cards have ZERO. They are pumped and they wont leave that field until they are the Champs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

The jock wrote: »
    COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO WHO YOU GOIN FOR??? :D

LOVE 2 SEE CARDS DO IT..IM STILL THUMPIN ME HEAD OVER THE JETS AND HOW THEY MANAGED NOT TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS :(

J E T S JETS JETS JETS!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

I think the steelers will do it to be honest but i always route for the underdog. So go Cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

GO STEELERS :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

I've got a funny feeling the Cards are going to take it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

I would love to see the Cardinals do it, it would great for them. Historically the have not won it in such a long time. I watched the game against the Eagles and they almost collapsed, but recovered well to scrape through. They can't afford that against the Steelers. My heart says Arizona but my head says Pittsburgh. Come on the Cardinals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Steelers to win 33-10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

SantryRed wrote: »
    Steelers to win 33-10.

For serious?

Can't see the Cardinals not scoring at least two touchdowns especially if they're behind early. Underdogs, nothing to lose, played all year in a pass-first offense with the best QB-WR-WR group in the NFL.

(I'm deleting this post if I'm wrong).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

To put it simply, with the cards defense or lack thereof they will concede at least 28 points imo, so I think they have to score 30+ against the Steelers. I cannot see that happen against the best D I've probably ever seen.
    Cue another Steeler babe.
    [IMG][/img]245493907_afcda4378b_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

any irish stations showing it? i remember i was able to watch last year at home but cant remember which station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I think itv showed it last year, afaik it's bbc 1 this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Karlusss wrote: »
    For serious?

Can't see the Cardinals not scoring at least two touchdowns especially if they're behind early. Underdogs, nothing to lose, played all year in a pass-first offense with the best QB-WR-WR group in the NFL.

(I'm deleting this post if I'm wrong).

Yeah, can see the Steelers rolling them over no problem. The Steeler's D is strong enough for the Cardinals ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

PeakOutput wrote: »
    any irish stations showing it? i remember i was able to watch last year at home but cant remember which station

TV3 I think are showing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Hey all

TV3 are defiantly showing it!

Super Bowl XLIII
    (Sport)

Featuring Award-winning musical sensations Rihanna, Enrique Iglesias, Fall Out Boy and Life house. Watched by more than 148 million viewers in the U.S. last year, the Super Bowl is annually the nation's highest-rated TV program. The game will be broadcast worldwide in more than 230 countries and territories.

(Live)

Go Steelers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭agardiner22

Steelers to win it cause of there DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

If the cards are to have any chance they want a start like they got against the Eagles. If Pittsburgh get ahead at any point you can pretty much forget about it imo.

Still I'd like to see them do it and most of all hope it's a great match up like last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Ok rather than start a new thread lets get your predicitons for the score and first TD scorer:

Steelers: 17 Cardinals : 6

First TD scorer Parker

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭agardiner22

1st score fitzgerald but steelers to win 24-14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭twinytwo

If whats his face.. the guy in the pic for the cards.. the guy who can catch anything.....ye all know the one...... ya if he plays well the pitts are neck high in the brown stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Do you think the BBC will show the Superbowl commercials, or will they cut away during those?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

twinytwo wrote: »
    If whats his face.. the guy in the pic for the cards.. the guy who can catch anything.....ye all know the one...... ya if he plays well the pitts are neck high in the brown stuff

i think he's young fitzgerald-a cousin of yer man maurice who used to play for kerry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Cards 38-34

Boldin scores first.

Fitzgerald and Warner will rule this game. Larry will go deep for the first TD.

chelsey wrote: »
    Fitzgerald and Warner will rule this game. Larry will go deep for the first TD.

I think Anquan is gonna step up to the plate on this one - he'll have to, Pittsburgh will have double coverage on Fitz all night.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Cards 38-34

Boldin scores first.
    If the Cards score that against the Steelers they bloody well deserve it.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    If the Cards score that against the Steelers they bloody well deserve it.

I've never really understood that statement. :confused: If they win by any score, they'll have deserved it.

I've never really understood that statement. :confused: If they win by any score, they'll have deserved it.
    I never mentioned the word win though, its score I said.
    I'm saying that I wouldn't like to see them score 30+ and get beat because scoring that against the Steelers D would be an awesome offensive performance.

I never mentioned the word win though, its score I said.
    I'm saying that I wouldn't like to see them score 30+ and get beat because scoring that against the Steelers D would be an awesome offensive performance.

And I never mentioned offence. Their D is quite capable of scoring.

And I never mentioned offence. Their D is quite capable of scoring.
    Well either way its not important imo, as I believe they won't get 20 never mind 30+ and I don't rate that Cardinal D either.

But who knows, they have done it in every playoff game this year.
    Looking forward to it, Beeb for me, it was great on there last year, well up until the Giants beat us anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Trampas

what channel is bbc getting its feed from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Trampas wrote: »
    what channel is bbc getting its feed from?

They'll be getting the NBC feed

Looking forward to it, Beeb for me, it was great on there last year, well up until the Giants beat us anyways.

Sky for me - bit of loyalty for the Channel who brings us Football week-in, week-out, even if the beeb is better coverage (with no ads).

After years of having to drive to watch the superbowl coz we didn't have Sky and it's now on two terrestrial channels (BBC and TV3). :mad:

Still watching on Sky, though.

Can't wait for it now, at this stage. Best half time act ever, too. Come on The BOSS!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

quicky folks...the beeb & tv3 program starts at 11 so what time does the game start?

• Advertisement
Advertisement